Looking for part time retail work in Newcastle City Centre Watch

fml121
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, I'm trying to get part time retail work. I live very close to Newcastle City Centre. Pretty much all I want to do right now is be a shop assistant and work on the tills or stack shelves in one of the shops in town. I've handed my CV out to a few shops over the past week and I've been looking for shop assistant jobs online but not many are coming up and I haven't heard back yet. Are there any websites that are great for retail work in Newcastle city centre? And does anyone know any shops that are often looking for new staff, etc? Thanks
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fml121)
Hi guys, I'm trying to get part time retail work. I live very close to Newcastle City Centre. Pretty much all I want to do right now is be a shop assistant and work on the tills or stack shelves in one of the shops in town. I've handed my CV out to a few shops over the past week and I've been looking for shop assistant jobs online but not many are coming up and I haven't heard back yet. Are there any websites that are great for retail work in Newcastle city centre? And does anyone know any shops that are often looking for new staff, etc? Thanks
Its best to try every shop, fast food place, cafe, restaurant etc you can think of, rather than just one or two here and there. You will hear back from somewhere eventually. Some require you to send your cv/an application form in, some places require you to apply online.
I know mcdonalds take on a lot of students (i work there still) and they have been taking on a lot recently, so its worth a try there.
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fml121)
intu.co.uk/eldonsquare/jobs
www.intumetrocentre.co.uk/About-Us/Jobs

Keep an eye out for new shops opening in Monument Mall. There are a lot of retail parks in and around Newcastle, e.g. Team Valley, Kingston Park and Silverlink. It'd be a bus/metro ride away, but worth checking out too.

To be honest, you've started looking for jobs at a really bad time. Most places will have hired Christmas temps over the past few months, and any permanent openings they would have had will probably go to the temps they've had if they were any good.

Aside from that, I found http://www.indeed.co.uk/ to be one of the best, most useful job websites.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.48%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.79%
No I am happy with my course choice (548)
59.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (131)
14.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed