The Student Room Group

Useless science lessons.

Hi guys, I want to be a doctor when I'm older, but my science teachers bar one ae useless...
In year 8, when we had 4 lessons a week but in only one class room. We were only able to go up to level 6a last year, as that was the highest grade on the test, and as I had 6a in year 7, I was pretty much already there and was acing the tests with 96% to 100%. Now In year 9, we're able to get to level 7's, andwe've been spilt into 3 classes, physics, biology and chemestry. I'm working as hard as I can, but in chem and biology, the (top set) classes misbehave so much I cant learn anything. The teachers are useless too, not helping at all, and they can't controll the classes. I've tried to speak to them but they wontdo anything, and can't move anybody down 'incase it upsets them' and as were a smallish school, all the other sets inc ours are full with 30 plus kids, and there isnt enough teachers to get more sets.
I'm desperate to learn more but I'm finding it so dificult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Self teach. This is the exact problem I faced.. Just learn further into the books yourself and possibly complain to the head of department or head of year. At the end of the day it's your education and solely your responsibility. It sucks, I know.. but don't let your peers misbehavior be your down-fall.
First of all, I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. You're in Year 9 so most of the stuff you're learning at the moment is either not directly relevant to your exams or it will be revised and covered in more detail in Years 10 and 11. Secondly, if the situation still exists in Years 10 and 11, I'm afraid the only solution is what the guy above has said.

I had the exact same issue during my GCSE years (and it's still an issue in Year 12, believe it or not!) with people behaving like three year olds in lessons and just not shutting up and teachers doing nothing about it. You could complain, but this is unlikely to do a lot. Fortunately, self-teaching science is not particularly difficult and your workload should not increase significantly.

Quick Reply

Latest