Greatest Superhero Watch

wiggles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Inspired by the "what superpower do you want?" thread, I'd like to see who everyone considers the greatest superhero. There was a programme on the other week that for some reason named Spiderman number 1, which I didn't quite buy. I think they also named the Green Goblin greatest villain, which is a complete joke, so I'm thinking they have a deal with Marvel or something.... anyway.

I'd say it's a toss up between Superman and Batman. Superman is easily the most indestructible superhero ever, and until I'd seen the old movies, I thought he was a pretty shallow character. But after watching them, I actually really like him, and am looking forward to the Superman Returns.

Batman's the self-made hero, which is pretty cool, and IMO he has the best origin story. As long as you completely ignore the awful Batman and Robin atrocity, its all good. Even the old tv series was hilarious, so I don't mind that. Batman is cool.

Then there's Spiderman. Sure, he's pretty cool, but he has the powers of "a spider". You could make anyone a "(insert name of animal here)man" and they'd be pretty super, as they'd have the skills of two species'. He's ok, but nowhere near the likes of Superman and Batman IMO.

The last I'm going to comment on are the X-Men. Of course, they all have to be considered individually, but I like the team aspect. It's different, and I enjoy it. Just one thing though, I think Storm's powers are pretty much the ****test around, but Cyclops and Wolverine are pretty sleak. Pyro and Iceman also kind of nifty.

Well, I'd say Superman wins in terms of most indestructible superhero, but there a lot more complex superheros, like Batman, and a lot of the X-Men. Who gets your vote?
Fluent in Lies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Superman is fit.
thegreatstupendo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not sure about superheros, to tell the truth I only came onto the thread because I misread it as 'greatest stupendo'.
millano
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, I'd say Superman wins in terms of most indestructible superhero, but there a lot more complex superheros, like Batman, and a lot of the X-Men. Who gets your vote?
The Flash !
Hurricane_Herd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Penny the power pixie....(form keenan and Kel) if anyone remembers that turely insane programme ?
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Flash is the fastest.

Batman isn't a superhero, he has no superpowers. He has cool gadgets, outfit, armor, and great fighting skills, and he's smart, but he aint super.
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
the green lantern
shomkin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mystique?

I prefer Stimpy from 'The Ren & Sitmpy Show'
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wiggles)
Goku? I think he would give superman the fight of his life.
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Superman's boring, anyone who doesnt have kryptonite just gets a beating!
Theresa Smells
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bullyfish)
Superman's boring, anyone who doesnt have kryptonite just gets a beating!
I was thinking that. I seem to be the only person not excited about the new film. The thing is every story is the same, Superman needs to save someone, kryptonite is involed, someone moves the kryptonite, all is solved.
Who?
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Flash is cool, although he is quite similar to Quicksilver:p: and I can not quite decide who is superior...:vroam:

Wolvarine is rather awesome in the sense that his healing factor allows him to live for much longer... as one can see from some of the X-men storylines...

Superman is getting boring to be honest:rolleyes:
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
superman
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wolverine is great and seems to be the superhero with the most complex and mysterious past;and Spiderman who is the most complex superhero!

But superman could beat anyone who hasn't got a lump of cryptonite!
Wonderboy Blue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Spider-Man!

Don't say anything until you've seen The Animated Series (from the 90s)

Spider-Man is original, has issues and conflicts...and Mary Jane is hot!

I should also add that Spider-Man is human. The other superheroes are so far up their own arses its super ridiculous.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads