alexandraej1994
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi there, I've attached the paper... just started it and it's fairly simple but for the second Q I don't understand the funny letters and symbols meaning I can't do the question!

I've tried to google etc them, there's noooo trace in my textbook I was wondering if someone could tell me what they are and how to use them in relation to the question.

Thanks very much in advance
Attached files
Krollo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it means sketch 4^x when x is real and positive (not totally sure though). If you have the edexcel book I think there's a symbol glossary at the back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
alexandraej1994
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Krollo)
I think it means sketch 4^x when x is real and positive (not totally sure though). If you have the edexcel book I think there's a symbol glossary at the back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey there thanks - what do you mean when you say sketch it when x is real?? sorry if that's a totally dumb q.

haha i wissshhh i was doing edexcel, i'm doing CIE which is rubbish!!
Krollo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alexandraej1994)
hey there thanks - what do you mean when you say sketch it when x is real?? sorry if that's a totally dumb q.

haha i wissshhh i was doing edexcel, i'm doing CIE which is rubbish!!
It basically means that x is an actual number. This includes 1, -1, pi, sqrt of 2 etc. The only thing it excludes are imaginary numbers which you'll come across if you do FP1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (52)
22.51%
Excited but a bit nervous (104)
45.02%
Not bothered either way (32)
13.85%
I'm really nervous (43)
18.61%

Watched Threads