61.83%
No (50)
38.17%
emzilee
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I did 3 GCSEs early and 1 A level:
Music - Year 9 (A*)
French - Year 10 (A) - only because I wasn't allowed to take it as an option so I was doing it one lunchtime and one night a week and it was a big commitment... Fair enough another year I may have got an A* but I think I'd've given it up!
Maths - November of Year 11

I also A level music in Year 11 (A for AS, B for A2). Kind of wish I hadn't done that now to be honest...
RJA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by splorgie)
My old state school did KS1 SATs, my first private school did KS2, but my current school doesn't do KS3. KS2 SATs were quite important, because normally we had exams twice yearly, but in Yr6 we only had SATs, so they were used to see how well we were doing.

Splorgie (still proud of her 5,5,6 after all these years :p:)
So you never did SATs in Year 9 :confused:
calcium878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If she didn't, she's lucky, like me
lovers in japan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep, no year 9 SATs at all. Just winter exams and summer exams. Just. :p: Of course they were in all subjects, but still... no SATs!

It's not that unusual is it? I'm sure loads of people didn't do them! Besides, no offence meant, but... they aren't exactly the most useful of things, are they?

We are lucky, and we rock! No Yr9 SATs people! We should start a society of something lol.

*High-5s calcium878* :p:
calcium878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by splorgie)
Yep, no year 9 SATs at all. Just winter exams and summer exams. Just. :p: Of course they were in all subjects, but still... no SATs!

It's not that unusual is it? I'm sure loads of people didn't do them! Besides, no offence meant, but... they aren't exactly the most useful of things, are they?

We are lucky, and we rock! No Yr9 SATs people! We should start a society of something lol.

*High-5s calcium878* :p:
Hehe, indeed. I'm pretty sure most/all Private schools won't do them, we did ours internally but only as summer exams, so they weren't a big deal as we'd have exams anyway.

*Returns splorgie's High-5* :cool:
lovers in japan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I still don't see the point to SATs, my brother just sat his KS2 ones, and got really hyped up... AND he got an award for his 555! ¬¬

They're hardly important...
RJA
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No I just thought they were compulsory.
lovers in japan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Only for state schools perhaps? I know a lot of private schools do let their pupils take them, but it isn't compulsory, it's only so the Government can see the average attainment levels. Just the Government being nosy I guess :p:

I think it is just 'strongly recommended', but not compulsory. Although I could be wrong, I'll check.
CharleeB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I took 7 of my GCSEs early (Bio, Chem, Physics, Maths, English Lang, English Lit and French) and didn't do very well (1A*4A2B) which was much lower than I was capable of. The Chem and Physics were IGCSE though which I think was partly responsible for the Bs ( i was looking at past papers a few weeks ago and they were harder than most of my OCR A2 papers!).

I meant to go on and take 2 or 3 more GCSEs mixed with a couple of AS levels the year after but I switched schools and that wasn't possible there. I just started my AS courses which has really messed me up long term - 7GCSEs isnt really enough for uni esp with the grades I got and no one actually cares it was a year early. I've just finished my A2s now and I'm not sure whether to enroll somewhere to sit more GCSEs just so I can put down I have them. It seems stupid since they're so easy and I'm now 17 but it's just one of the hoops people have to jump through!
Excalibur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, I believe SATs are compulsory for all state schools... I guess it's so that the government can compare between schools and they can construct league tables and such. Hmph....
Cataclysm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Excalibur)
Yes, I believe SATs are compulsory for all state schools... I guess it's so that the government can compare between schools and they can construct league tables and such. Hmph....
I like league tables, my school always comes first...

...that is if you look at the table from the bottom up.
Excalibur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Cataclysm)

I guess then that we are somewhere around 5th or 6th in that league table!
Papillon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Cataclysm)

Oh really?

I could say the same about my school. Which would mean... :eek: :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads