The Student Room Group

Registering with a doctor at uni

I've registered with the university doctor while at uni. Does that mean i can't go to my doctor at home now? I wanted to get a prescription filled while at home for christmas but my log in for my home doctor doesn't seem to work. Could just be me but can you be registered with a uni doctor and a doctor at home at the same time?
Original post by lizzielolsalot
I've registered with the university doctor while at uni. Does that mean i can't go to my doctor at home now? I wanted to get a prescription filled while at home for christmas but my log in for my home doctor doesn't seem to work. Could just be me but can you be registered with a uni doctor and a doctor at home at the same time?

You can go to the doctors at home if you register as a temporary resident at your home practice. This is very easy and can be done over the phone in a few minutes. There is no need to re-register back at you uni doctor's after Christmas holidays.
You can no longer use your home doctor.

When you go home, and try to go to him, he will turn you away and say:
Reply 3
Original post by hermitthefrog
You can go to the doctors at home if you register as a temporary resident at your home practice. This is very easy and can be done over the phone in a few minutes. There is no need to re-register back at you uni doctor's after Christmas holidays.

depends on the doctors surgery as to how you can do it. At mine you have to hand fill in a form and come to your appointment half an hour early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending