entrance scholarship and merit awards question Watch

mollytt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm planning of taking the papers in feb 2014. Just wondering, if I was successful would I have to put Aberystwyth as my firm choice for the offer to be unconditional or can I put them as my insurance and it still be unconditional?

(May change my mind and put them as firm depending on which of m chosen two I like more)
KTDale
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You don't have to confirm any Universities until a bit later on, so you'll have a chance to see the results from Aberystwyth first as to if you're given a scholarship

But I'm not sure about after they've offered/not offered, if you have to confirm them as 1st choice or not.. Hmm.
The Optimistic Ram
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mollytt)
I'm planning of taking the papers in feb 2014. Just wondering, if I was successful would I have to put Aberystwyth as my firm choice for the offer to be unconditional or can I put them as my insurance and it still be unconditional?

(May change my mind and put them as firm depending on which of m chosen two I like more)
(Original post by KTDale)
You don't have to confirm any Universities until a bit later on, so you'll have a chance to see the results from Aberystwyth first as to if you're given a scholarship

But I'm not sure about after they've offered/not offered, if you have to confirm them as 1st choice or not.. Hmm.
I can confirm this for you.
If you take the entrance scholarship exams and are successful you do not have to put Aber as your firm choice university.
However, if you want to be eligible for the unconditional offer and grant money then you do have to put Aber as your firm choice university.

Remember that you have until May (exact date for this application cycle I do not know) to finalise your choices in regards to your firm or insurance choice. However, Aber start their accommodation process for new unconditional applicants in around April time and this is done on a first come first served basis. On the application for accommodation you can only state a preference for the accommodation type, for instance self catered single room with en suite, catered twin room or budget single room, you cannot choose the location or specific hall that you are allocated.

For any other questions you may have, please see the student Q&A thread found here. You can post any questions you have in there and either myself or someone else will quickly answer your question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Aberystwyth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19
  • Aberystwyth University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (22)
24.72%
No (67)
75.28%

Watched Threads