Anyone studied American Studies?

Watch
Usually Confused
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm considering it for when I go to University and I was wondering what it was like, what you had/have to do and what you took at A-Level that helped?
Also if you got to experience or are currently doing the 4-year course where you spend a year at an American Uni?
Thanks
x
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Usually Confused)
I'm considering it for when I go to University and I was wondering what it was like, what you had/have to do and what you took at A-Level that helped?
Also if you got to experience or are currently doing the 4-year course where you spend a year at an American Uni?
Thanks
x
What's the point in American studies. I'm genuinely curious as to know what you learn and what made you choose to study that particular subject.
presidentlincoln
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Usually Confused)
Thanks
x
Hi!!

I am a 2012 American Studies graduate, the course was amazing and i enjoyed every single moment of it. They guy who posted above me asked:, what do you learn from this subject?? i would say the same things you learn from studying History or English and then some. Yes thats right, almost all of my seminars and lectures had students from these courses in them. American Studies focuses on a variety of fields, including history, literature, politics and media etc. In other words, one second you could be having a lecture about the first settlers and in the next, one about hollywood screen play, this variation is one of the reasons i loved it so much. The variation also means that you can apply for a wider range of jobs after graduation,this since you have studied moduls from different subjects.

I was unemployed for a couple of months after i left Uni, but now i work for a video production company in London. One of my classmates got a
job at an embassy, another went on to get an MA and is becoming a teacher. See were im going?.

I studied Business and Admin A-level in Norway before i left for UK

Regards and good luck
presidentlincoln
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi!!

I am a 2012 American Studies graduate, the course was amazing and i enjoyed every single moment of it. They guy who posted above me asked:, what do you learn from this subject?? i would say the same things you learn from studying History or English and then some. Yes thats right, almost all of my seminars and lectures had students from these courses in them. American Studies focuses on a variety of fields, including history, literature, politics and media etc. In other words, one second you could be having a lecture about the first settlers and in the next, one about hollywood screen play, this variation is one of the reasons i loved it so much. The variation also means that you can apply for a wider range of jobs after graduation,this since you have studied moduls from different subjects.

I was unemployed for a couple of months after i left Uni, but now i work for a video production company in London. One of my classmates got a
job at an embassy, another went on to get an MA and is becoming a teacher. See were im going?.

I studied Business and Admin A-level in Norway before i left for UK

Regards and good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (112)
27.65%
England (141)
34.81%
Belgium (30)
7.41%
Germany (41)
10.12%
Spain (9)
2.22%