The Student Room Group

I'm suddenly liable for ~a third of my tuition??

I'm gonna ring SFE tomorrow to sort it out but I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on what's happened... I've got back from uni this weekend and have been going through my post, only to find a letter that SFE sent me at the beginning of October with my payment schedule for tuition and maintenance.

In the original payment schedule, the tuition loan was £9000, but in the new one it's £6870 and says I need to pay £2130 to my college.

... There is no explanation for this included, it just says that the new schedule overrides whatever I've been sent before. I'm pretty horrified by this since I don't know why it's happened and I don't think I have £2k to drop on tuition. THAT'S WHY I TOOK OUT THE LOAN. If anyone can advise, that would be great.
Reply 1
Have the uni sent you an invoice for the outstanding amount? If not, it's unusual for them to leave it this late before chasing for an outstanding fee, so you might just find that SF have triggered an automated letter incorrectly.

SF will be the only one who can really tell you what's happened.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
Have the uni sent you an invoice for the outstanding amount? If not, it's unusual for them to leave it this late before chasing for an outstanding fee, so you might just find that SF have triggered an automated letter incorrectly.

SF will be the only one who can really tell you what's happened.

ah thanks for your reply, I think it's something to do with my uni paying off some of my tuition because of a bursary thing so I've emailed the tuition fee people at uni and if they don't know what's going on I'll ring SF. Woah but that was a scary letter to read!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending