MoneypennyLyon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys

So basically the time has come where I have to choose my A levels. I would like to study economics at the likes of UCL, LSE etc. so I am trying to tailor my choices for that. So far I have got economics, maths and further maths (this is seen as one option) and physics. So, now I have to decide on my fourth. I would quite like to do history, however the module choices at the sixth form I am applying to are not something that I am incredibly interested in, but I think I could enjoy them. Another option I am considering is geography and the final one is chemistry, which I have heard is very difficult.

If it makes any difference my predicted grades are all A and A* apart from a B in French (languages are not my strong point) and I am also taking further maths.

Thanks for the help!
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Geography would be a nice break from your other choices. I'm currently doing my A2 in the subject and love it! If you've any questions about it, feel free to ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile
MoneypennyLyon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paralove)
Geography would be a nice break from your other choices. I'm currently doing my A2 in the subject and love it! If you've any questions about it, feel free to ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, cool! Thanks for replying. the modules are changing physical environments and changing human environments. How much of a step up from gcse is it? Is the content paticually challenging?
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MoneypennyLyon)
Ok, cool! Thanks for replying. the modules are changing physical environments and changing human environments. How much of a step up from gcse is it? Is the content paticually challenging?
What exam board is that? I do AQA, so studied population, energy, rivers and coasts at AS. The content isn't challenging in the way that science subjects are but they can be in learning how to apply your knowledge to the question and learning the facts eg about the demographic transition model or how different factors such as birth and death rates may or may not show how developed a country is. I've always enjoy the subject so didn't find the step up as big as some of my other subjects, and it is a really interesting subject. Covering a lot of things that we did at GCSE also made the transition easier.

A2 for AQA is more interesting though because we get to do plate tectonics, conflict and challenges, weather and climate, and work cities :P

I would definitely recommended the subject. History would also be a break and friends who do it find it interesting but quite difficult sometimes because of the fact learning and that they have to write a lot of essays!

Posted from TSR Mobile
MoneypennyLyon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paralove)
What exam board is that? I do AQA, so studied population, energy, rivers and coasts at AS. The content isn't challenging in the way that science subjects are but they can be in learning how to apply your knowledge to the question and learning the facts eg about the demographic transition model or how different factors such as birth and death rates may or may not show how developed a country is. I've always enjoy the subject so didn't find the step up as big as some of my other subjects, and it is a really interesting subject. Covering a lot of things that we did at GCSE also made the transition easier.

A2 for AQA is more interesting though because we get to do plate tectonics, conflict and challenges, weather and climate, and work cities :P

I would definitely recommended the subject. History would also be a break and friends who do it find it interesting but quite difficult sometimes because of the fact learning and that they have to write a lot of essays!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank again for replying! The exam board is WJEC, which is a bit of an obscure one. But hopefully it will all be ok, and if it isn't it's only one year of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
31.41%
Less motivated (190)
68.59%

Watched Threads