The Student Room Group

Interracial Relationships

Kinda awkward posting this since most of you probably cant relate.

I am an asian male but I always found myself more attracted to white females more then to asian females. I studied at a catholic school which had 1 asian (me), 4 black and the rest white. Having grown up in a society with mostly light-skinned people, I regularly forget that I am not white.

In Uni, the number of asian girls is higher then what I am used to seeing but I simply don't find them as attractive (I guess that makes me a racist towards my own race). And when I ask white girls out, internally I feel really scared (fear that they might be prejudice and find me repulsive).

I had a few dates but I have standards when it comes to a girl's intellect and all of my dates ended quickly.

Is there any hope for someone like me?
How common is Interracial Relationships?
What do I do to change who I feel attracted towards?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Listen mate , the best advice I can give you is to just blend in with the white crowd and hope they dont notice that your asian. Trust me
Iv been doing it for 2 years since I started uni and I get loads of white girls , I just tell them im tanned from going abroad alot
Original post by 95cs

Iv been doing it for 2 years since I started uni and I get loads of white girls , I just tell them im tanned from going abroad alot

Smoooooooth.

OP, see a girl you like, ask her out.
Mate, you will like whoever you like, you're not racist for not liking girls of a certain ethnicity; so yes there's hope for you and you don't need to try and change who you feel attracted to.

Concerning how common interracial relationships are.. I am a white British guy and my girlfriend is an Indian Muslim, personally I don't know any other white guys who are going out with Muslim girls, so I think our situation is rather uncommon and I was concerned when I asked her out that my ethnicity may be a problem, but we both like and care for each other a lot so I don't see it as an issue. :smile:

Concerning other interracial relationships I've seen quite a few other examples, such as some Asian guys going out with white girls etc.. So I would say that nowadays interracial relationships are quite common but in general it's more common for people to keep to their own race, unfortunately.
Interracial and Inter-Faith relationships are increasingly common in the UK and they can be a very good thing. They can spread tolerance and create a new integrated society.
Reply 5
Ask out whoever you want. If someone rejects you because of your race you wouldn't have wanted to be with them anyway :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by Alpha brah
Ask out whoever you want. If someone rejects you because of your race you wouldn't have wanted to be with them anyway :tongue:

:yes:

I don't think you change who you're attracted to.
Reply 7
Meh, just ask them out, if they don't like you then move on. Just try not to make it awkward i.e. don't ask out people in your closest friendship group.
Don't let your worries or anyone get in the way.

Be with who you want to be with NO MATTER WHAT.

take it from a girl with experience, im white girl and my boyfriends Indian. together 2 and a half years and I've never been happier!
I can totally relate, except im female and I didnt have any Asian friends till I went to uni in the uk!

I was born in ireland and blended in pretty well, dated a white irish guy for a while but since I moved to the uk I feel everyone is so segregated, asians stick to asians..Caucasian to Caucasian and so on. As a result I feel like guys from other ethnicities feel uncomfortable approaching a desi girl and tbh vice versa..whereas back home it was no bother at all.

I get approached by desi guys all the time but like yourself they dont interest me!

Its a hard knock life!
Interracial relationships. Of course you would meet people who detest the idea, and unlucky for me I have been on that hand ever since I was born.
There has been too much going on to start at one place. A guy like you must have a chance with these white females. Whatever is holding you back is probably your confidence and lack of belief, that someone like you don't stand a chance, but in truth you really did. All that time wasting self pity and hollowing yourself in the corner has only stripped the clear opportunities around you. It is hard to follow your own likes when so many people are breaking it down. Just because you feel that you don't like asian girls are prefer white girls it doesn't make you alien at all - but honest and truthful, something which is difficult to find in people. Spending time following what should be done rather than how you feel is wrong.

It is never easy to admit something, but by posting here I know that you are at the end of your strings. With all that intellect you still cannot solve your love problems. Perhaps you never see yourself being with a girl who isn't white and that isn't a problem. I've seen white girls with preferences for asian only, so they do exist.

But that was a long time ago, as you grow up you stop becoming jaded by the front and ideals of a women. They aren't a necessity, your own well being and future is more important. For some reason, relationships like those don't last, because they move on more easily, all those values and independence disappear - until you realize you've become someone entirely different you fear and run away, otherwise known as moving on.
Original post by 95cs
Listen mate , the best advice I can give you is to just blend in with the white crowd and hope they dont notice that your asian. Trust me

WOW....you are a coward!
Original post by 95cs

Oh God, this is the best thing ever.

He's right, just camouflage yourself as a white guy and BAM, you're in there. Then of course you reveal your shameful secret.
Reply 13
I find the best time to reveal my secret is new years, everyone forgives and you can have a fresh start, love a good new years reveal! Anyway, keep your head down and may the force be with you!
Reply 14
Of course there's hope for you. As racial prejudice in society becomes less and less acceptable, so does the acceptance and prevalence of interglacial relationships. I actually know an Asian guy who is in a relationship with a very attractive white girl and they've been happy together for almost a year now. Just get out there any find yourself a nice girl who likes you just as much as you like her ^_^ Don't fight who you're attracted to, all it will bring you is misery.
Original post by Anonymous
Kinda awkward posting this since most of you probably cant relate.

I am an asian male but I always found myself more attracted to white females more then to asian females. I studied at a catholic school which had 1 asian (me), 4 black and the rest white. Having grown up in a society with mostly light-skinned people, I regularly forget that I am not white.

In Uni, the number of asian girls is higher then what I am used to seeing but I simply don't find them as attractive (I guess that makes me a racist towards my own race). And when I ask white girls out, internally I feel really scared (fear that they might be prejudice and find me repulsive).

I had a few dates but I have standards when it comes to a girl's intellect and all of my dates ended quickly.

Is there any hope for someone like me?
How common is Interracial Relationships?
What do I do to change who I feel attracted towards?

I have a white girlfriend and I am in same position as you. I don't understand the bit in bold. If anything, the situation for me made me realize just how different I am.

The fact you have had at least a few dates must surely offer hope that not all is lost :wink:
I don't understand why ppl put these questions up.

It is the 21st century. Interracial relationships are common.
Reply 17
Go for it. Works for me.
Original post by DorianGrayism
I don't understand why ppl put these questions up.

It is the 21st century. Interracial relationships are common.

Just because they are more frequent (and visible), does not make them "common". (Far from common in fact).

And so what if it is the 21st century, racial prejudice still exist. Yes we have moved forward, but there is still a long way to go. The system is still controlled by the same people. Racism us just more implicit nowadays.

OP just put your best foot toward that's all you can do. I agree with you with your statement addressing not liking your own racial group. Hey at least your honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by 95cs

DEAD GIVEAWAY!!!!! your secrets out homs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending