Who else gotta get down to some serious study this Xmas?

Watch this thread
GregOrganist
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I keep saying I am gong to use this holiday to do some serious study/essay writing/assignment completion, reading etc etc.

Now that it is here, it's time to get down to work...

...but too many other distractions!

What's the betting I won't get much done

Anyone else in this position? What is your advice to make sure things get done?!
Dwane
Badges: 6
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GregOrganist)
What is your advice to make sure things get done?!
Stay away from technology.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yep, I'm a third year with the essay deadline from hell. I'm staying at uni for the vast majority of the xmas holidays, and most of my friends are in the same situation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Envelopes
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Did any of you guys do any revision/work over your Xmas holidays in first year? I think I will be going over my notes/ lecture slides to recap for a multiple choice test I have to do when I get back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username878045
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Envelopes)
Did any of you guys do any revision/work over your Xmas holidays in first year? I think I will be going over my notes/ lecture slides to recap for a multiple choice test I have to do when I get back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a crap load of work over summer (I'm a first year too). I have a collection of library books to read in preparation for next term (because I won't get time to read them during term), and have yet to actually get onto any revision which I still need to do.
mxcs
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yep! I've been ill all week so I'm completely off track. I have 1 report and a dissertation that we're expected to do over Christmas, going to try and get back into it tomorrow!
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Have to write a 12,000 word dissertation alongside working full time. I really cannot be ****ed.
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
No thankfully I've completed all my studies.
username1277215
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yes I have so much to do
ScottishShortiex
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Me I have 4 exams in January and haven't properly started studying yet. First exam is 3 weeks today! :eek:
kumori
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I plan to but let's face it I'll probably just watch TV and look at my laptop thinking I should be studying while not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yup, mocks in January as well as coursework. I think I'll have to stay away from the laptop.
Splenge007
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 2ndClass)
No thankfully I've completed all my studies.
as in finished with uni?
chapmouse
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Last year I did SO much work over my christmas break because I had January exams. This year, I can relax; which is nice until I remember that revision for summer exams has to start extra early this year.
Solemn Rain
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I've never had a relaxing Christmas
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Splenge007)
as in finished with uni?
Yep, this year. No more 8000 word essays by the end of each term, no more references, bibliographies
Jayqwe
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I am going to try to just put my laptop away for two weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Luckily my exams are this week. Stress free Christmas
WildeAboutOscar
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
In UG we always had our essays handed in by 20th December so no writing over Christmas break and in final year we had NO Christmas/ new year exams so ironically it was quite relaxing.

I'm doing my masters part time and need to seriously get some down time to finish an essay which shouldn't be too bad!
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, I've got 2 courseworks to do and revision for 2 in-class tests as soon as I get back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.86%
The paper was reasonable (191)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (99)
25.32%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.97%

Watched Threads