Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm taking a-level Law as a private candidate, was wondering what text book you guys use and can recommend? I'll be with AQA exam board. My syllabus is as follows: Law making and the legal system, the concept of liability, criminal law offences against the person, criminal law offenses against property. If you could recommend me a textbook you know is good/ you use that would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for a bulky paragraph.. enter does not seem to work for me to space out lines :/. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I would highly recommend The English Legal System for all exam boards. It is particularly useful at AS level.

As for A2 criminal law, you can't beat Unlocking Criminal Law. It has everything you'll ever need in it and more! It's especially good if you want to stretch yourself and achieve the top grades. Bonus: It's also recommended and useful for those who go onto study law at university.

Best of luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeamaehus)
    Hello!

I would highly recommend The English Legal System for all exam boards. It is particularly useful at AS level.

As for A2 criminal law, you can't beat Unlocking Criminal Law. It has everything you'll ever need in it and more! It's especially good if you want to stretch yourself and achieve the top grades. Bonus: It's also recommended and useful for those who go onto study law at university.

Best of luck with your exams!
    thanks a lot! . last question, are there any exam board recommended books too?

ReputationRep:
    AQA LAW AS Second Edition. And the A2 Second edition. The student unit guides are very helpful

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 19, 2013

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.