A level Computing problem with search code (Visual Basic)

Watch
greenrae94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm doing my coding for my comp4 project and have hit an issue with one of the functions of the program.

The basics of the program is that it is a database management program that is being made for a client. The program connects to the access database and displays the data into forms which can then be navigated.

The issue I'm having is that I cannot get the search function to work, I've tried multiple methods I've seen on the internet but they all seem to not work.

So how do you search a specific column in an access database.
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by greenrae94)
I'm doing my coding for my comp4 project and have hit an issue with one of the functions of the program.

The basics of the program is that it is a database management program that is being made for a client. The program connects to the access database and displays the data into forms which can then be navigated.

The issue I'm having is that I cannot get the search function to work, I've tried multiple methods I've seen on the internet but they all seem to not work.

So how do you search a specific column in an access database.
I'm more at home with VBA within Access rather than VB programs talking to Access databases, but presumably your program is using some sort of ADO connection object to talk to the database.

There are then 2 standard ways of searching: either use something like a Find or Seek method on a recordset object; or construct an SQL SELECT statement with a WHERE clause.
pluke
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is very quiet, but might help:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads