zeb123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey all,

im in struggling getting AO2 marks. Can someone help me how to get these marks.
also I need a essay structure for A2!!
thanks so much!!!
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
pythagorean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ao2 is evaluation analysis and application therefore your ability to question and criticise your arguments. You can do this in two ways:
1. Find a sociologist that criticises the theory
2. Use different theories to criticise the theory eg. A marxist would disagree with a functionalist that crime provides positive functions.
Ao2 is about creating a debate rather than just using your knowledge from the textbook, if you're only talking about concepts and how they work you will only gain ao1 marks.
As for the structure well this depends on how many marks the essay is worth.
For 33 marks you need an introduction that outlines the debate clearly then each point should focus on one theory then criticise at the end for your ao2. You must include a conclusion, this is imperative at A2 because it shows you have fully answered the question. Remember to link back to the question in every paragraph. This way you will gain all marks. Good luck
IllmaticDragon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Make sure that you don't just evaluate with theory. Empirical support/studies are necessary too

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (20)
9.26%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (131)
60.65%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
13.89%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (30)
13.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.31%

Watched Threads