The Student Room Group

How hard are these A levels?

Maths, Further Maths,Physics,History,French.

Anyone do any of these and can tell me about how hard they are?
Original post by Frannoooooooo
Maths, Further Maths,Physics,History,French.

Anyone do any of these and can tell me about how hard they are?

History I don't find that difficult at all. The only thing that makes it challenging is the amount of content; there is so much. As long as you have a good memory and can construct a pretty good essay, you shouldn't find it too hard :smile: I'd say it's one of the A levels with the heaviest workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
A2 maths is quite hard. AS isn't that bad. For me at least.. if you're great at maths it might not be too hard.
Unfathomably hard
Nah, just depends on what you're good at.
Maths is reasonably good especially if you'll be doing Further Maths too.
Physics isn't too complicated, at least at AS-Level.
History, from what my friends have said has a lot of essay writing, and the technique seems quite strict, a friend was marked down from full marks because he wrote Hitler with a lower case by mistake.
French, personally I hate French but if you're good at languages then it shouldn't be a problem.

It looks like you have a good mix of subjects with exam based and controlled assessment content, so good luck, really good subjects, and they're all facilitating subjects.
Reply 4
Maths is easy if you do further maths. AS FM is easy, A2 hard.
Original post by Lucy96
History I don't find that difficult at all. The only thing that makes it challenging is the amount of content; there is so much. As long as you have a good memory and can construct a pretty good essay, you shouldn't find it too hard :smile: I'd say it's one of the A levels with the heaviest workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I've heard that said a lot. I really love History so hopefully the workload won't be too daunting. I like to think I have a good memory as well :smile:
Original post by Frannoooooooo
Yeh I've heard that said a lot. I really love History so hopefully the workload won't be too daunting. I like to think I have a good memory as well :smile:

Exactly :smile: I absolutely adore it! You should be fine then :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest