A common-sense broadcast to the Nick Clegg nutcase Watch

billydisco
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
We're not against "German lawyers or Finnish engineers or Dutch accountants" emigrating here you fool! We're against having the UN-SKILLED and DIFFERENT-CULTURED Eastern Europeans!!

Understand now??

EDIT: Clearer now?
Boromir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The left can't distinguish between skilled immigrants and out-of-the-lorry types. Who are the real racists here?
gladders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by billydisco)
We're not against "German lawyers or Finnish engineers or Dutch accountants" emigrating here you fool! We're against having the Eastern Europeans!!

Understand now??
Aren't there any east european lawyers, engineers and accountants? Are there no German, Dutch or Finnish freeloaders?
gladders
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boromir)
The left can't distinguish between skilled immigrants and out-of-the-lorry types. Who are the real racists here?
You're assuming east Europeans have no skilled immigrants, but west Europeans have nothing but skilled immigrants?
Boromir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gladders)
You're assuming east Europeans have no skilled immigrants, but west Europeans have nothing but skilled immigrants?
Please show me where I made such an assumption. Take your time now.
n00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We're not against "German lawyers or Finnish engineers or Dutch accountants" emigrating here you fool! We're against having the Eastern Europeans!!

Understand now??
Ahhhhh, so it is about race then. You don't like slavs, why didn't you just say so rather than continue the pretence of not being racist, would have saved a lot of confusion.
gladders
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Please show me where I made such an assumption. Take your time now.
Your initial post insinuated agreement with the premise of the OP, which said:

The premise here claiming that east Europeans as a whole cannot be lawyers, engineers or accountants.

Or do you now disagree with the premise?
Boromir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your initial post insinuated agreement with the premise of the OP, which said:

The premise here claiming that east Europeans as a whole cannot be lawyers, engineers or accountants.

Or do you now disagree with the premise?
I was actually referring to the mistake made by Clegg and most other left-wing types. People who are against mass-immigration aren't fussed about skilled workers. The fact that Clegg and his ilk don't understand this implies they themselves can't tell the difference. That was my point.
gladders
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was actually referring to the mistake made by Clegg and most other left-wing types. People who are against mass-immigration aren't fussed about skilled workers. The fact that Clegg and his ilk don't understand this implies they themselves can't tell the difference. That was my point.
Billydisco's OP seems to disagree with you.

Look, I agree; opposition to immigration doesn't necessarily mean racism. But when it's 'Oh, we don't mind Germans, it's Romanians we dislike', there's no getting round the fact that that is more than a little racist.
billydisco
Rep:
?
(Original post by n00)
Ahhhhh, so it is about race then. You don't like slavs, why didn't you just say so rather than continue the pretence of not being racist, would have saved a lot of confusion.
No it is about the education and culture of Eastern Europeans.

I don't like the culture (and level of education) Romanians bring to this country.

Can you honestly not comprehend that?
billydisco
Rep:
?
You muppet- I quoted Nick Clegg's speech!

So your beloved comrade Clegg insinuated it!
tollgate60
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
West Europeans are not as criminal and underhand as East Europeans
billydisco
Rep:
?

Look, I agree; opposition to immigration doesn't necessarily mean racism. But when it's 'Oh, we don't mind Germans, it's Romanians we dislike', there's no getting round the fact that that is more than a little racist.
Eastern European nations have different cultures to Western Europe and they have different education levels. I do not like their culture and I do not like the fact they are under-educated and unskilled- hence Eastern European immigration is not what this country needs.
billydisco
Rep:
?

You have completely misquoted me deliberately. I'll help you out:

-You have completely negated the fact that it was not "Germans" it was "German Lawyers" and also I am also against uneducated/unskilled German coming here!

Hence it was not about race! It is about education, culture and skills! Fact is Western Europe has a closER culture to our's and better education.
Escalator100
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We're not against "German lawyers or Finnish engineers or Dutch accountants" emigrating here you fool! We're against having the UN-SKILLED and DIFFERENT-CULTURED Eastern Europeans!!

Understand now??

EDIT: Clearer now?
What about having parts of the country turn into parts that resemble other continents where locals from far away lands have brought the village here.

I'm sure that to Clegg this is "progress".
MostUncivilised
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was actually referring to the mistake made by Clegg and most other left-wing types.
Clegg is not left-wing, you Boromir. He's an Orange Booker (the right wing of the Lib Dems), which means he's at about the same point on the political spectrum as Cameron.
Boromir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MostUncivilised)
Clegg is not left-wing, you Boromir. He's an Orange Booker (the right wing of the Lib Dems), which means he's at about the same point on the political spectrum as Cameron.
Don't kid yourself, the man's a progressive. So is Cameron.
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
liberals are the most racist people your ever meet. their white guilt is exceptional. they always think people of a different race need their help. face palm!
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really?
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't kid yourself, the man's a progressive. So is Cameron.
Possibly on social issues, but Clegg has always been on the right economically - he was calling for austerity, big tax cuts and privatising parts of the NHS for years before the coalition.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (39)
9.7%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (76)
18.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.68%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (123)
30.6%

Watched Threads