Turn on thread page Beta

8 glasses of water a day right? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I never have this much water a day or at least I don't think I do.
    I had a tea this morning, and I've had 5 large glasses of water so far today. I actually feel quite sick now. Can anyone else admit to drinking 8 large glasses of water a day?

ReputationRep:
    I dont think i could, Just one bottle of water fills me up, i dont know about 8!

ReputationRep:
    yeap i drink about 8 maybe more depends what you class as a glass though because obviously they are different sizes. im used to drinking only water though been doing it for years lol i remember when i first got into drink so much i felt sick at first but now i love drinking water and hate drinking stuff like fizzy drink etc.

ReputationRep:
    i once got told i had to drink about 2 litres a day to help me get better, i couldn't fit it in....at all, i just seemed to be drinking all the time and peeing all the time and only got to about a litre and a bit a day....

but my friend drinks 2 litres a day noproblem at all....it's weird.

anything with caffeine in doesn't count as it dehydrates you and also some medical experts also say that fruit juice doesn't count either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceman_jondoe)
    yeap i drink about 8 maybe more depends what you class as a glass though because obviously they are different sizes. im used to drinking only water though been doing it for years lol i remember when i first got into drink so much i felt sick at first but now i love drinking water and hate drinking stuff like fizzy drink etc.

i don't really like drinking fizzy drinks either...it's weird

ReputationRep:
    well i used to but i find it just gives me gas lol and plus theres too much sugar which is just not good for you

ReputationRep:
    yeah definately....i'm the same with junk food a lot of the time too, haha, i feel so rubbish if my body is filled with crap.

ReputationRep:
    EXACTLY ! im the same...i try not to have any junk food at all but today i was forced into it when my brother (who normally buys salads) only had time ti buy a burger king meal for both of us..i feel ill now lol

ReputationRep:
    I think I drink about 6 a day, not sure really as I use bottles etc. But tbh, I could easily drink about 15+ a day no problem. The thing is, I'm a lazy bugger so don't really bother to get drinks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    How can stuff like coffee/tea not count when they contain water? :confused:

I occasionally have fizzy drinks but much less frequently than I used to.
    I dislike fast food now. It's usually once a month now or less. Haven't had a mcdonalds in months now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceman_jondoe)
    EXACTLY ! im the same...i try not to have any junk food at all but today i was forced into it when my brother (who normally buys salads) only had time ti buy a burger king meal for both of us..i feel ill now lol
    erg, i know, i had to have mcdonalds at the weekend and i just felt like i'd eaten loads of plastic

ReputationRep:
    coffee and tea does contain water ! but i think clear water is best rther than having as a part of coffee or tea....i dunno why i think that i just do lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    I think I drink about 6 a day, not sure really as I use bottles etc. But tbh, I could easily drink about 15+ a day no problem. The thing is, I'm a lazy bugger so don't really bother to get drinks a lot.
    Come on!
    You'd be going every 5 mins!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    How can stuff like coffee/tea not count when they contain water? :confused:

I occasionally have fizzy drinks but much less frequently than I used to.
    I dislike fast food now. It's usually once a month now or less. Haven't had a mcdonalds in months now!
    As i said, it's because of the caffeine content
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    well you need quite a bit of water especially in the heat because you lose so much from sweating, fizzy drinks just make you more thristy.

ReputationRep:
    from experience the clearer your pee the more water you drink lol

ReputationRep:
    I drink more water when i sweat more on a hot day....
    yesterday i drank 1.5 litres

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    Come on!
    You'd be going every 5 mins!
    Your body may get used to it after a while not to mention if you needed it then you wouldn't always be peeing....
    Not to mention it's good for you, flushes away toxins

ReputationRep:
    does anybody like sparkling water? i dont mind sparkling water but find i get dehydrated more quickly when i have sparkling water as opposed to still

ReputationRep:
    http://cytotech.co.za/images/calorie_1.jpg

A full one of these is one glass.
    I'm impressed if someone can have 15 of these in a day.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.