Can someone check 2 lines of spanish please (subjunctive)

Watch
JoeBravo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just two things for a writing controlled assessment I have:

Si, sin embargo, recibiera dinero del bolsillo no sé que yo compraría

...jugaba al fútbol los sábados por las mañanas pero ahora solamente los domingos

The first is meant to say "if, however, I received pocked money I don't know what I would but" - the confusion is regarding 'I received' and whether it should be 'recibí' (I received) 'recibiera' (I received in the subjunctive) or fuera recibir (If I were to receive), which is essentially the message I am trying to convey

On the 2nd the issue is only concerning 'solamente los domingos' and whether that makes sense.

Thanks in advance
cuche
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Saying "if, however .." doesnt sound natural in Spanish in that order, try:

Sin embargo, si recibiera dinero de bolsillo, no sé lo que me compraría

Use "me" with comprar as you're buying it for yourself and this is how native speakers would say it, don't add in the "yo" as it doesnt sound natural unless you're trying to get across that its for you and not another person and you're not

If i were to receive = recibiera, the imperfect subjunctive in english is were + infinitive

Second one try:

Antes solía jugar al fútbol los sábados por las mañanas pero ahora sólo juego los domingos

Use the verb "soler" to refer to something you usually do/did and use the verb jugar again to make it more structured and less of a simple sentence

Suerte!
JoeBravo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
thanks very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (112)
40.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.55%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (62)
22.55%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.64%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.91%

Watched Threads