The Student Room Group

Need to ask this girl out...but when and how?

Hey basically I've finally mastered the courage and confidence to ask this girl out. The trouble is, I won't see her till after christmas, or possibly even just inside the new year.
I do have her number, but I really don't want to ask over text, I want to do it in person. But I can't wait that long!
I just don't see how I'm going to see her before she leaves for christmas.
Ahh.

I was thinking of sending her a text tomorrow and asking her to meet me outside her workplace for a quick chat (and tell her then), but that seems like a bit of an ambush, and not as good as already being in her company and asking her out, and continuing to have a conversation after, rather than quickly leaving.

Ahh!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey basically I've finally mastered the courage and confidence to ask this girl out. The trouble is, I won't see her till after christmas, or possibly even just inside the new year.
I do have her number, but I really don't want to ask over text, I want to do it in person. But I can't wait that long!
I just don't see how I'm going to see her before she leaves for christmas.
Ahh.

I was thinking of sending her a text tomorrow and asking her to meet me outside her workplace for a quick chat (and tell her then), but that seems like a bit of an ambush, and not as good as already being in her company and asking her out, and continuing to have a conversation after, rather than quickly leaving.

Ahh!

Aw! haha why don't you text her and see if she wants to hang out during christmas holidays? Going to the cinema or bowling or something or "get coffee" and ask her then?
Reply 2
Original post by gupta-mhm-mhm-mhm
Aw! haha why don't you text her and see if she wants to hang out during christmas holidays? Going to the cinema or bowling or something or "get coffee" and ask her then?

That's the thing, she's going away for 9 days.
Also I'm not at school or uni (and neither is she) so I don't get all that time off some of you get on here :P

Thing with those ideas, that's already like asking her on a date as it is, I mean that's not something we already do.

I think tomorrow outside her work, or waiting to after Xmas is the only options, I'm just not sure what to do.
Reply 3

I second this. I arrange most of my dates by text these days, don't see a problem here, it's pretty common place.

"Hey x! As we won't be seeing each other until after Christmas lets grab a coffee sometime so we don't become strangers :smile:. How is your week looking?"

Or something like that. Simple :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by InChase
I second this. I arrange most of my dates by text these days, don't see a problem here, it's pretty common place.

"Hey x! As we won't be seeing each other until after Christmas lets grab a coffee sometime so we don't become strangers :smile:. How is your week looking?"

Or something like that. Simple :wink:

Not a bad idea, it's just we are both very busy. I know wed/ thurs/fri she's not available, tues early morning I'm in Essex, get back briefly in time for work in the evening. So I have a 45min window of opportunity!

What do you think of this-
''Hey ********, I'm in the area and just wondered if I could meet you outside work for a quick chat?''
That's the thing, she's going away for 9 days.
Also I'm not at school or uni (and neither is she) so I don't get all that time off some of you get on here :P

Thing with those ideas, that's already like asking her on a date as it is, I mean that's not something we already do.

I think tomorrow outside her work, or waiting to after Xmas is the only options, I'm just not sure what to do.

Okay so maybe do the after work thing (as long as you work with her? Or at least she knows you're meeting her? If not ask BEFOREEE if you can meet up or risk scaring her ****less unless you play it chill by 'running into her' haha.) "hey how are you free now for a quick coffee or w/e between we go away for christmas?" and then like small talk until da da daaaa
"Do u like me like i like you cause i like you more than i liked you before" and BAM she's yours (maybe) (disclaimer: she may not be yours depending on her answer) (disclaimer: all humans are free no one owns anyone else) (disclaimer: end of disclaimers)
Reply 6
Okay so maybe do the after work thing (as long as you work with her? Or at least she knows you're meeting her? If not ask BEFOREEE if you can meet up or risk scaring her ****less unless you play it chill by 'running into her' haha.) "hey how are you free now for a quick coffee or w/e between we go away for christmas?" and then like small talk until da da daaaa
"Do u like me like i like you cause i like you more than i liked you before" and BAM she's yours (maybe) (disclaimer: she may not be yours depending on her answer) (disclaimer: all humans are free no one owns anyone else) (disclaimer: end of disclaimers)

Different work. But she's works local to me, so it's not inconceivable that I would be in the area anyway. And yeah I get what your saying, my reply to inchase is still pending, but when it goes through, what do you think of the text idea, sending it about 5-15mins in advance?
Reply 7
Gupta, you still online?
Reply 8
Alright, I've made my mind up now.
I'm 100% asking her out tomorrow.
I just don't know what's better, to ask her out for a coffee, or to hang out in London with me?
I thought London would be a fun first date, especially for someone who has never been and is from abroad. But is it more of a second date?
Is coffee better?

So, please vote-
London, or Coffee?

Hopefully there will be some answers when I wake up tomorrow so I can pick one! :smile:
Reply 9
Alright, I've made my mind up now.
I'm 100% asking her out tomorrow.
I just don't know what's better, to ask her out for a coffee, or to hang out in London with me?
I thought London would be a fun first date, especially for someone who has never been and is from abroad. But is it more of a second date?
Is coffee better?

So, please vote-
London, or Coffee?

Hopefully there will be some answers when I wake up tomorrow so I can pick one! :smile:

Not sure if this is too late but definitely go for coffee on the first date. London sounds like a lot of effort to go to for a first date and plus you want something which is easy for her to agree to. A simple coffee isn't too taxing and she is much more likely to agree to this imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending