The Student Room Group

who is more spoiled in the western world: boys or girls?

Poll

who ?

who do parents spoil more these days, boys or girls? i am talking strictly western countries. please vote. please stay safe.
Reply 1
Surely it comes down to the financial situation of families rather than the gender of their kids?
Original post by Damask-
Surely it comes down to the financial situation of families rather than the gender of their kids?

I'd say it's more parenting style/how the kids were brought up than financial situation -- most of my cousins are more demanding and spoilt than I am because their parents never gave them boundaries and because they're all on benefits (or benefit scroungers, to be precise :unimpressed:) so they never thought twice about the money they were recklessly spending because they didn't have to work for it. My parents are business owners who actually have the disposable income to spoil me with but because they taught me the value of money at an incredibly young age and my sister (who acted as my third parental figure whilst my parents worked throughout my childhood) reinforced boundaries and taught me responsibility, I refused to be spoiled.
Depends on the parents, and whether they themselves like buying girly toys or boyish toys :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest