Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wondered if anyones been to either of these fantastic countries? I went there for a month last summer, and had a fantastic time!

If you have, where abouts in the countries? Or is anyone here planning to go soon?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I went to Kenya 2 years ago. It was fantastic but we only spent 2 weeks in Mombassa and 1 week on safari at Tsavo park (sp?). The safari was the best bit but I also liked Bamburi beach where we rented an apartment near the beach for one night. I really wanted to go to Nairobi but according to my relatives it was too dangerous at that time! So was Masai Mara (sp?) but I'm not sure if thats in Kenya! Where did you go in Kenya?

ReputationRep:
    Go to Tanzania, you will enjoy more Climb Kilimanjaro

ReputationRep:
    ^I've been to Tanzania and went on safari there as well. Serengeti was crap but Ngorongoro Crater was amazing! I would be too unfit to climb Kilimanjaro! Probably die halfway up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mussy123)
    Go to Tanzania, you will enjoy more Climb Kilimanjaro
    I would say your a bit biased but I would love to go one day. Climbing Kilamanjaro would be fantastic, but i've done Elgon (Kenyan/Ugandan border) so that'll do for now

Hi! I went to Kenya 2 years ago. It was fantastic but we only spent 2 weeks in Mombassa and 1 week on safari at Tsavo park (sp?). The safari was the best bit but I also liked Bamburi beach where we rented an apartment near the beach for one night. I really wanted to go to Nairobi but according to my relatives it was too dangerous at that time! So was Masai Mara (sp?) but I'm not sure if thats in Kenya! Where did you go in Kenya?
    Ahh, you missed out! Nairobi is a great city, although we only spent a short amount of time there. Mombassa sounds great, didnt get to go there

I went to generally the west, including the Kakamega rainforest (which was awsome!) and then Elgon national park, Mbale, Sipi falls and Kampala in Uganda

I really want to meet someone whos been to Mbale, there was a FANTASTIC restaurant there, run by this mad British lady, said she was probally the only person to serve a Knickerbocker Glory south of the equator!

ReputationRep:
    Don't go to Nairobi... its just not a very nice place. Good bars, though. When we were last there, there were riots and we just had to stay inside for two days. Oh, and if you go to Uganda don't buy shoes, they will fall apart (Gross generalisation based on personal experience, sorry Ugandan economy).

I was born in Mombasa. Its lovely there, everyone should make a visit to Fort Jesus, the old town, and take a look at the big tusks. And buy mabuyu - tourists don't tend to want to buy miscellaneous packets of red things sold off the street, but they are the best thing ever, really tasty. But don't get in a matatu, unless its one of the ones with UV lighting inside. No, don't get in one of those either.

Otherwise, its fun to stay in one of the big posh hotels for a few days. But after seeing the rest of Kenya, you realise how fake that whole world is. What else... its really good to travel cross-country in a bus and see some of the country. Its lovely round lake victoria (though you don't want to go near the lake) and if you can stay in a village, its massively peaceful and quiet.

Places to visit: Shima Hills, Mamba Village, Bombolulu.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.