?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
As above. Thanks
Rainbow_Chick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Normally you get told a number of procedures like health& safety etc. You order your uniform and you get to listen to a talk about the company.
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep yep. It's just lots and lots of information from health and safety to procedures. Its just a day to get used to their working environment, meet the staff etc.
Hulk56
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dramatic Star)
Yep yep. It's just lots and lots of information from health and safety to procedures. Its just a day to get used to their working environment, meet the staff etc.
How many hours does it last for?
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well in my last two jobs one lasted all day because there was so much to learn with a big group (it was a big department store) & we took it slowly all day. In my second job, it took about an hour and required my manager just informing me about procedures & I had to read a book. Really does depend.

Have you been asked to go in to do it before you start work or on your first day?
Hulk56
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
I have to go in and do it before I start work.. I have to bring in my bank details, passport etc....
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So a separate day or on the same day you start? Sorry I may be a bit thick, but that was a bit unclear.

It shouldn't take all day.... maybe an hour or so. They'll put you on the payroll, etc and talk through procedures. If your coming in especially, they probably won't expect you to stay long.
monkeyhead
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Basically this happens:
  • Tour of the store or your working enviroment
  • Either a health and safety talk or a video explaining the companys procedures in the event of a fire etc
  • Your giving your uniform /or you order it
  • Explain what your role will contain
  • You might be asked proof of idenifcation and for your bank details
  • Often your with people who are in the same boat as you on your induction, so its good to get to know people

Thats based on my experience anyway:cool:
Matt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads