What happens in an induction? Watch
Yep yep. It's just lots and lots of information from health and safety to procedures. Its just a day to get used to their working environment, meet the staff etc.
Have you been asked to go in to do it before you start work or on your first day?
It shouldn't take all day.... maybe an hour or so. They'll put you on the payroll, etc and talk through procedures. If your coming in especially, they probably won't expect you to stay long.
- Tour of the store or your working enviroment
- Either a health and safety talk or a video explaining the companys procedures in the event of a fire etc
- Your giving your uniform /or you order it
- Explain what your role will contain
- You might be asked proof of idenifcation and for your bank details
- Often your with people who are in the same boat as you on your induction, so its good to get to know people
Thats based on my experience anyway