qwertyuioplkjhgf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm just after sitting my exams for the first semester of my second year. I'm pretty sure I've failed 2, possibly 3 out of 4. What happens now? I realise you were able to take resits in first year but are you able to do so in second? Any advice is appreciated.
Gray Strawberries
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What course are you taking? You always think you have done worse than you have.
qwertyuioplkjhgf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm taking civil engineering. Which is quite a strict course. But lets just say for arguments sake I have failed. What would happen?
Gray Strawberries
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well first things first I would definitely either email or speak to your mentor about the problems you have been, he will know best.

Theoretically speaking I am guessing civil engineering has quite high entry requirements into to third year, (I think it is 6 C's?) So if you are unable to reach that you would be required to re-sit the year (or subsequently the modules you failed). Sometimes you can be lucky and be more lenient and they might let you in if you have high enough re-sit grades but that rarely happens. It is very unlikely that they will chuck you out, in less obviously your attendance is incredibly low but even then it is low probability of getting kicked out.

I would not be afraid to email your mentor, they are there to listen to your concerns!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (127)
49.03%
No (35)
13.51%
I'm not old enough (97)
37.45%

Watched Threads