The Student Room Group

What should I do?? Swimming Baths

Helllo!!! :smile: First Ever Post!! :smile:

I was in the changing room today after swimming. I was getting changed and I had put my clothes outside the cubical to dry off but when I went to get them this man was standing with them in his hands (he worked in the place) and told me that this was going to lost property as it was unattended. I argued with him about this, is this right to do? He took all my clothes. I was nude in the changing room and he would not give me my clothes back. I had to phone my brother to pick me up from the baths and bring joggers and a top. What should I do?? Should I make a formal complaint?
Reply 1
Original post by SeanCormack

I was in the changing room today after swimming. I was getting changed and I had put my clothes outside the cubical to dry off but when I went to get them this man was standing with them in his hands (he worked in the place) and told me that this was going to lost property as it was unattended. I argued with him about this, is this right to do? He took all my clothes. I was nude in the changing room and he would not give me my clothes back. I had to phone my brother to pick me up from the baths and bring joggers and a top. What should I do?? Should I make a formal complaint?

This seems amazingly unbelievable.
Reply 2
Are you sure that he wasn't a homosexual perv, and this was his ploy to see your junk?

I'd certainly make a formal complaint.
Reply 3

Welcome.

Yes, get his name file a formal complaint, demand an apology. I would argue that leaving you in a public(ish) place naked would constitute sexual abuse, but I doubt anyone else would probably agree with that, considering you were in a cubical, and presumably had your trunks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mockery
Are you sure that he wasn't a homosexual perv, and this was his ploy to see your junk?

I'd certainly make a formal complaint.

He was like 20 odd. I doubt he wanted to see my junk!

Original post by Gjaykay
Welcome.

Yes, get his name file a formal complaint, demand an apology. I would argue that leaving you in a public(ish) place naked would constitute sexual abuse, but I doubt anyone else would probably agree with that, considering you were in a cubical, and presumably had your trunks.

Okay, I chucked my trunks out after getting in the cubical so they would dry. I am going to phone up later and ask for his name.
Was this a 'normal' swimming baths or one of those weird ones?
Reply 6
Original post by pinda.college
Was this a 'normal' swimming baths or one of those weird ones?

It was like a gym one not like DW. It is only a small pool and gym. Privately owned.
Reply 7
Should I write an e-mail or phone up?
Should I write an e-mail or phone up?

In other words should you call a totally made up number, or email a totally made up address?
Reply 9
Bump....
I don't believe this :lol: :nah:
Reply 11
Original post by Maid Marian
I don't believe this :lol: :nah:

It did happen, it is up to you to believe me but I know what happened and that it is the truth!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending