Turn on thread page Beta

How many GCSE's did you do? watch

• View Poll Results: How many GCSE's did you do?
    14.34%
    5.31%
    23.19%
    7.96%
    22.65%
    6.19%
    11.86%
    8.50%

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Excalibur]I guess it comes down to, for example, whether 9A*s or 9A*s, 2As & 1B looks better.[QUOTE]

While the first one may look better for the perfectionist, the second does show more comittment, especially if you studied the extra 4 gcse's from home.

Anyways, it could even be 9A*s vs 11A*s & 2As if you're good enough

Dont slam people who did extras; some did it for the knowledge rather than just so they could say 'ooh look, i have more grades than you'.

ReputationRep:
    I did 9.5 in Year 11, plus AVCE ICT (but I got a D, so we don't mention that ) and I've just done Spanish in Year 13. I don't resent the number we had to do because it's about average, but I do resent the fact that so many subjects were either compulsory or had to be chosen from certain groups, which led to me being forced to take subjects I despised instead of ones I would have enjoyed and got better grades in. The Year 9s now have far more choice than we did- typical

ReputationRep:
    you lotz are lame...i done 14 GCSEs (full course) and an A level in Greek...weaklingz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mAnIaC)
    you lotz are lame...i done 14 GCSEs (full course) and an A level in Greek...weaklingz
    Very novel, now go back to your Encyclopaedia :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mAnIaC)
    ... and what did you get in GCSE English? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    ... and what did you get in GCSE English? :rolleyes:
    A*, without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    I did 11 GCSes and a GNVQ in manufacturing through school, and one GCSE on my own through distance learning.

So i ended up with 12 GCSEs and a GNVQ (but i dont usually remember that one lol)

ReputationRep:
    13 GCSEs, took GCSE statistics in year 10. I know a few people who did 14 because they took an extra GCSE in their language outside of school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Very novel, now go back to your Encyclopaedia :p:
    Very nice :p:

ReputationRep:
    10 GCSEs plus that annoying little Additional Maths "FSMQ" whatever it is (neither a GCSE nor an A-Level...)

ReputationRep:
    what exactly is a half gcse?? that doesnt even count!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel_64)
    what exactly is a half gcse?? that doesnt even count!! :p:
    Half a GCSE? Well that would be either a GC or an SE.

ReputationRep:
    Half a GCSE? Well that would be either a GC or an SE.
    :confused: ??

ReputationRep:
    Split "GCSE" in half and what do you get? GC and SE, which are half GCSEs :p:

ReputationRep:
    I did 10 GCSEs. In my school most people did 10, a few did 9 if they were let.
    Compulsory subjects were English Literature, English Language, Maths, French, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, which really sucked. Everyone then chose 4 extras. We were only told about a month beforehand though that we were doing double science instead of the three seperate sciences, so we all thought we were doing 11:rolleyes: Then again we weren't told that English Lang and English Lit were seperate either:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Split "GCSE" in half and what do you get? GC and SE, which are half GCSEs :p:
    lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    I did 11 GCSE's plus GNVQ ICT (however many that is worth). Most people in my school did 8 but I also chose to do Environmental Science, Business and Communication Systems and Short Course RE.

ReputationRep:
    I did 13, but I did 2 in Year 10, so only 11 in Year 11. I couldn't have done 13 in one sitting!

ReputationRep:
    I have 12. I did 11 at school in my GCSE year, then did GCSE Spanish as part of a fast track 'AS Spanish in a year' scheme in year 12. I quite liked my old schools way of doing GCSEs as we had 5 compulsary subjects and up to 6 extra subject choices, which is more choice than most people get.

ReputationRep:
    i did 9.5 but i just tend to say 10

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.