The Student Room Group

A level choices

Will universities look at geography A level as a better qualification than law. Baring in mind I haven't taken GCSE geography so would it be much more difficult at A level?
Depends on your other subjects whether or not uni's will favour you (some people I know only had geography as a facilitating subject), but I can say that I achieved a C in GCSE geography and over 90% at AS (grade A). People on the course who didn't take GCSE geog struggled for the first couple of weeks, but then they were on par or better than the majority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andre98
Will universities look at geography A level as a better qualification than law. Baring in mind I haven't taken GCSE geography so would it be much more difficult at A level?

I would say yes. Geography is a facilitating subject and law is not. Law A level actually isn't even recommended for a law degree! As for being able to cope with A level without taking the GCSE, I know many people who have taken A levels which they hadn't had any previous knowledge about, including me in September 2014 (History). I'm sure you'll cope well as long as you put in the work. The only part you might struggle with, as the previous response mentioned, is the first few weeks. Not a big deal. I would go for Geography!

Quick Reply

Latest