Do guys find girls with short hair (pixie cut, bob etc) attractive? Watch

xxcora
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by MJ1012)
You've asked for guys opinions of short hair, and are arguing with anyone that doesn't like it.
People can't help whether they like it or not, if you don't want to hear anything you don't want to, don't make the thread.
*slow claps* yes that is 100% correct
I asked for GUYS personal views,
Not their opinions which seem to have some relation to societies definition of 'femininity'

Posted from TSR Mobile
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xxcora)
So let me pose this to you,
If you had never met a woman BEFORE her big cut
And when met her you thought she was stunning, you'd still stick to your opinion that she'd be better with long hair?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I probably would prefer the way she looked with long hair. Not really a massive deal but it's more than just a first glance. The way it sits on shoulders, the way you can put your fingers through it is all attractive to me personally, it has femininity too it.
xxcora
Rep:
?
(Original post by So Instinct)
I probably would prefer the way she looked with long hair. Not really a massive deal but it's more than just a first glance. The way it sits on shoulders, the way you can put your fingers through it is all attractive to me personally, it has femininity too it.
Okidoke, fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
MJ1012
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not their opinions which seem to have some relation to societies definition of 'femininity'

Posted from TSR Mobile
And the difference between opinions and personal views are?
IlexBlue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You've asked for guys opinions of short hair, and are arguing with anyone that doesn't like it.
People can't help whether they like it or not, if you don't want to hear anything you don't want to, don't make the thread.
She's well within her rights to call out the trend in comments wherein it's all the same type of bloke praising traditional femininity and the "long flowing locks" associated with it if she wants to.
So Instinct
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last time I check femininity goes hand in hand with how you look and hairstyles etc. So guys are giving you their personal reviews, the example being not liking short hair because long hair is nicer as it has a more feminine aura.

You're asking how certain hair looks and you're getting opinions on it and preferances.
Aoide
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
What?
If guys like girls and having long hair is something they associate with femininity then it makes perfect sense they see it as attractive. No body is telling guys they have to find long hair attractive it is an association they are making themselves and is as valid as any other reason to find something attractive.

What someone finds attractive isn't logical and can't be controlled so there is no point of attacking it. You asked us what we find attractive then appear to take it personally when our answers don't agree with your views.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Harley)
What's so wrong with it? And the poster acted as though it made me overall unfeminine.
I really like your hairstyle, I don't really think it looks masculine. Some can pull it off, some can't but i don't see how it has to do with femininity.
Harley
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
I really like your hairstyle, I don't really think it looks masculine. Some can pull it off, some can't but i don't see how it has to do with femininity.
Thank you I have no problem with someone not finding short hair attractive, it's all about preference, but I dislike when people start saying anyone with it isn't feminine or calling them lesbians as an insult
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I prefer short hair on girls.

Long hair looks like some dead animal hanging off women's heads. I don't like it one bit.
Donald Duck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think they can still be attractive, but they would be more so with longer hair.
This
bad8oy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think longer hair is way more attractive, but like with anything appearance wise people will obviously have their own preferences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liquid Swordsman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In general I think long hair is more attractive, but it depends on a few things
xxcora
Rep:
?
And the difference between opinions and personal views are?
There is no difference, i dont think you needed me to tell you that
Why don't you pay attention to the fact that multiple guys have opted to NOT read my post properly and have thrown in nonsense about society whilst im sat here pondering "and what the hell should that have to do with YOUR opinion/view/perspective"
And not my choice to use two different words meaning the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
pyaesone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can be attractive, but most boys would prefer long hair.
xxcora
Rep:
?
(Original post by So Instinct)
Last time I check femininity goes hand in hand with how you look and hairstyles etc. So guys are giving you their personal reviews, the example being not liking short hair because long hair is nicer as it has a more feminine aura.

You're asking how certain hair looks and you're getting opinions on it and preferances.
Again you've missed what my issue is becoming
Its not that guys have their opinion or i wouldn't have posted this thread
Its that they are entangling SOCIETY'S views in with their own and i didnt ask for that
If i wanted to know what society determines as femininity and NOT what men think of short hair then i would asked that very question

Posted from TSR Mobile
MJ1012
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There is no difference, i dont think you needed me to tell you that
Why don't you pay attention to the fact that multiple guys have opted to NOT read my post properly and have thrown in nonsense about society whilst im sat here pondering "and what the hell should that have to do with YOUR opinion/view/perspective"
And not my choice to use two different words meaning the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, you do know personal views are shaped by the society we live in right? :lol: It's like saying what would you think if you were a caveman? If society wasn't shaping our views, they'd be no point in this thread anyway. People gave you this answer simply because they live in a society.
xxcora
Rep:
?
It's like only a small percentage of contributors are actually answering the question without embedding some warped interpretation of what society thinks

Answers which i dont find offensive or will challenge example;
"I dont like girls with short hair, i prefer girls with length, because i think thats sexy"

^ okidoke, thats your opinion, thank you because that is what i asked for
NOT

"I dont like girls with short hair,
Stereotypically it isn't society's 'image' of feminine"

^ because i never asked anything about society, unless your decisions are based on society and you like to follow the crowd because that is where you are comfortable, THOSE are comments i'll challenge and crap about it making you look like a lesbian or whatever nonsense

Posted from TSR Mobile
xxcora
Rep:
?
Lol, you do know personal views are shaped by the society we live in right? :lol: It's like saying what would you think if you were a caveman? If society wasn't shaping our views, they'd be no point in this thread anyway. People gave you this answer simply because they live in a society.
If that were true, then nobody would look 'different' or be 'different' because if our views are shaped by society who would go against the grain and do 'radical' things like cut their hair?
So no, on this occasion i cant agree with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
xxcora
Rep:
?
(Original post by Donald Duck)
This
How do you know if you haven't seen them otherwise?
Im not even trying to argue, im just looking for justification in your comment
'Look better if' thats like saying 'you'd look better if you wore more makeup or did that or did this' how could you possibly know? And if thats the case what do the ugly girls with long hair do? Grow it even more? Throw in a few hair extensions?
Lmao, how ludicrous

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.04%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (392)
56.98%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (97)
14.1%

Watched Threads