The Student Room Group

4 a levels or 3

Hi, I want to go into vetinary medicine and for my a-levels I've decided on chemistry biology and maths...however i don't know whether a 4th a level is really worth doing for medicine and if I do do a fourth it definitely won't be science related . How useful would a 4th alevel be? Should I just pick chemistry biology and maths and focus on the AAB need for vetinary medicine courses?
Reply 1
Original post by 76584
Hi, I want to go into vetinary medicine and for my a-levels I've decided on chemistry biology and maths...however i don't know whether a 4th a level is really worth doing for medicine and if I do do a fourth it definitely won't be science related . How useful would a 4th alevel be? Should I just pick chemistry biology and maths and focus on the AAB need for vetinary medicine courses?

I'm a bit confused, do you mean AS or A2?
You should take 4ASs and then conventionally you drop one for A2. Doing four A2s doesn't really give you any kind of advantage so it's probably best to focus on on three.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Sorry, uh what I mean is...should I take 4 as levels then drop one at a level or should I just take 3 as level and keep them all during a level
Reply 3
Original post by 76584
Sorry, uh what I mean is...should I take 4 as levels then drop one at a level or should I just take 3 as level and keep them all during a level

I'm pretty sure you need to study four ASs. This is the requirement for medicine and many other courses so
vet med will be very similar I imagine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People usually do 4 subjects at AS and 3 at A2.

Quick Reply

Latest