jan 07 - edexcel Watch

sandra
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
ive just downloaded the timetable for the jan 07 exams from the edexcel website and unit 5 and 6 for the science subjects are not mentioned in it

are those exams always not available in jan or is it just this time?

thanks
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I think most times they are not available because most schools haven't covered those units (usually they are taught in chronological order). The easiest A2 unit is unit 4, and most schools would have finished that unit by Jan. So it is available for candidates who want to take it early, instead of June (or both if a resit is required).
Pete.S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In saying that i did units 4,5 and 6 for chemistry in January 2006. Was for OCR, but surely the same rules apply for Edexcel?
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I think it depends on whether the exam board thinks it's worth offering all the units for the January session.
Prometheus
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im not 100% (probably 90% though), but I have a feeling Edexcel dont set a U6 paper for January, but not sure about U4 or U5.
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Edexcel Units 5 & 6 for all science subjects are only available to international centres each January
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pete.S)
but surely the same rules apply for Edexcel?
Nope. See my post above
sandra
(Original post by ArVi)
Edexcel Units 5 & 6 for all science subjects are only available to international centres each January

i really badly want to do the 5 and 6 units in jan but they have only one timetable to download on their site and they havnt mentioned a separate timetable for int centres :confused: :confused: :confused:
Pete.S
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In that case Edexcel Suck. OCR usually let you do units 4,5 and 6 for January sessions. As do AQA.
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Makes no sense to me. If they produce the papers anyway (for international centres), why not let them be taken in the UK as well :confused:
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mustard man - do you think these units will be available at the centre where you took W1? Wasn't that considered international or something?
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ArVi)
Mustard man - do you think these units will be available at the centre where you took W1? Wasn't that considered international or something?
Well 2 years ago W1 was available to some UK centres, but now they're not doing it anymore. So I doubt it....
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ArVi)
Makes no sense to me. If they produce the papers anyway (for international centres), why not let them be taken in the UK as well :confused:
That's actually a good point :confused:
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)
That's actually a good point :confused:
hmmmm.... Edexcel :rolleyes: :p:
Chri^s^
Report 12 years ago
edexcel does U4, U5 in Jan =)
Pete.S
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Edexcel is so messed up. I don't see what difference it makes if they allow all three of the units 4,5 and 6 to be sat in January.

Funny because in maths you can sit all 6 units in January in Maths for Edexcel. So why not allow this option for other subjects.

Saying this because a few of us for OCR chem, were allowed to take all 3 A2 modules in jan and therefore finish the whole subject early/ be able to resit in June if we didn't do as well.
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chri^s^)
edexcel does U4, U5 in Jan =)
Yeah, U6 as well but 5&6 are only for international centres.

Read the posts above :rolleyes:
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pete.S)
Edexcel is so messed up. I don't see what difference it makes if they allow all three of the units 4,5 and 6 to be sat in January.
:ditto: especially because they produce the papers (for international centres) anyway!
sandra
so, u guys are 100% sure that the 5 and 6 papers are available at int centres?

im an int student btw
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yup, 100% sure

Your centre may not let you take certain units in Jan, but they are definitely available for all international centres
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads