The Student Room Group

Unique dating dilemma

I've got a bit of a unique dating dilemma, please bear with me while I describe it and ask if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve it:

Some time ago my girlfried broke up with me (friendzone issue, nothing nasty, beyond the scope of this thread)

Anyway before she broke up with me, I bought some tickets to a West End musical a fair bit of time in advance.

The situation now is that I still want to go to this musical (as I still want to see it and I spent a fair bit of money on it). The problem however is how do I find a date (because I don't want to simply waste a ticket, might as well have someone enjoy it) with not too much time (just a few weeks) before the show.

Now the thing is that a musical is generally very fancy for a first date and not that great for a first meet up since you can't talk to your

partner during the show (though of course we could go for drinks afterwards or something). Ok then, you're thinking that I could go for a less fancy date before then (or even 2-3) and then take her to a musical. But the problem? I've gone home for Christmas and am not coming back until just a day before the show. Hence no chance of a date before that.

So does anyone have any ideas on how I can get a date for this show given my circumstances? I've used online dating so far as I don't have much of a social circle.
Or am I making a bigger deal out of this than I should be and a musical for a first date isn't as over the top as I'm making it out to be?

Or if there are any young ladies in London here on this site who are up for the challenge (well not really a challenge, just a free ticket to a musical), then I'm all ears.
Reply 1
Ask a female or even male friend to go with you? It doesn't have to be a date. Heck if you ask nicely I'll come with you.
Reply 2
I've gotta let you know, I'm quite disappointed by this 'Unique dating dilemma'.

Disappointment aside - does it need to be a date? Why not a friend? And if it has to be a date, why not a first date. A bit fancy, but you can always come up with a reason for splashing out - 'bought them with a friend, but he can't go, blah blah'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending