The Student Room Group

scared to get my lip pierced!

The title of this thread is going to sound stupid...I already have my lip pireced. 18 months ago I got spider bites, however shortly after one fell out on a night out and by the time I got home the next morning the hole had closed up too much to get the stud through. Anyway, now I want to get it repierced.

Thing is, I'm scared! I guess it's natural but I've already had it done, I guess I just need some reassuring words... It's not the pain (It's just a pinch...) but more the clamping and the needle. what methods can I use to get over this?? Having someone go with me would help but there isn't anyone now I'm back home for the holidays!

Scroll to see replies

The act of piercing is part of the fun of it. You could have a drink or a Valium before you go, but in a way thats a bit of a weak way out. Its much more fun to have the slight surge of adrenalin seeing the needle and clamp and knowing whats going to happen.
Reply 2
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
The act of piercing is part of the fun of it. You could have a drink or a Valium before you go, but in a way thats a bit of a weak way out. Its much more fun to have the slight surge of adrenalin seeing the needle and clamp and knowing whats going to happen.

I don't wanna wimp it out! If I do it I'm just going in straight and having it done! It didn't hurt last time...It's just the build up
Good. Don't get it done you silly girl.
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDudeson

:ditto:

I loathe pierced lips on a girl tbh
Reply 5

uhhh :confused:

thanks for adding to my dermination to get it done :gthumb:
Original post by 2ndClass

Good job I'm not trying to appeal to you then.
(edited 10 years ago)

Bloody dreadful aren't they?
Reply 7
I think I should add....I don't care if you like lip piercings or not. I for one think they suit me. I'm asking how to relax myself and not over think the build up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Bloody dreadful aren't they?

yeah, they just look brutal :yucky:
Original post by Kaylaleigh
I think I should add....I don't care if you like lip piercings or not. I for one think they suit me. I'm asking how to relax myself and not over think the build up.

But you'll end up looking like an absolute beast.
Reply 10
yeah, they just look brutal :yucky:

lol, grow up
Reply 11
But you'll end up looking like an absolute beast.

You have no idea how I look and how I look with lip piercings.
Btw, you're missing the point of this thread.
You have no idea how I look and how I look with lip piercings.
Btw, you're missing the point of this thread.

I don't need to know. I've seen plenty of girls with them and I don't like them. Anyway, that doesn't really matter.

As for how to overcome your fear of getting it done? I don't know. As with most fears, the best way is probably to commit to it. Go to the place where you are planning on having it done and book a time or something.
Reply 13
The title of this thread is going to sound stupid...I already have my lip pireced. 18 months ago I got spider bites, however shortly after one fell out on a night out and by the time I got home the next morning the hole had closed up too much to get the stud through. Anyway, now I want to get it repierced.

Thing is, I'm scared! I guess it's natural but I've already had it done, I guess I just need some reassuring words... It's not the pain (It's just a pinch...) but more the clamping and the needle. what methods can I use to get over this?? Having someone go with me would help but there isn't anyone now I'm back home for the holidays!

Alternatively you could try a lip plate.
God, I just hate when guys think that a girl's only reason for everything she does is to please them. Get over yourself and grow up, seriously you two.

Anyway, I know the build up feeling you're talking about it's awful (but sort of exciting at the same time). Just think that you've done it once so you can definitely do it again. Another way to think about is that it'll all be over in a few seconds and then you'll have piercing :cool:
Reply 15
Original post by Kreme
Alternatively you could try a lip plate.

What's that?

Original post by Peachykeen09
God, I just hate when guys think that a girl's only reason for everything she does is to please them. Get over yourself and grow up, seriously you two.

Anyway, I know the build up feeling you're talking about it's awful (but sort of exciting at the same time). Just think that you've done it once so you can definitely do it again. Another way to think about is that it'll all be over in a few seconds and then you'll have piercing :cool:

I just need to walk in, once I'm in the parlour there's no going back! I just overthink things ha
Reply 16

Don't do it woman.
Reply 17
Original post by Tim2341
Don't do it woman.

Again, I'm not asking for anyone's approval. I have my own and that's all I need thank you.
Original post by Peachykeen09

Oh keep quiet. It has nothing to do with that. I was simply stating an opinion, it's up to her how she takes it. You grow up.
I'm not quite sure why, but whenever someone makes a post about piercing/tattoos a load of idiots come and tell the OP not to do it for some ridiculous reason, if you don't have anything useful to say just pass the thread by.

The best method I know of for reducing the pain of piercings is, in all honesty, just feeling comfortable with your surroundings. I'm pretty lucky in that I am quite good friends with the piercer and tattooists at the shop I go to so I normally spend like 20 mins sat around having a cuppa and a chat before getting down to business.

Quick Reply

Latest