Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im supposed to have a week for rwork expierence at the end of next week, but i havent actually got anything planned since my college said they would but they didnt..

i have some local stores such as woolworths/ sainsburys etc might consider going to them

i take it i just go in and ask do you have vacancies for work expierence ?

anyone got anything planned ?

ReputationRep:
    Try and get something a bit more exciting than the local shops firstly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i would but i dont know what :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well what career do you want when you leave school? Try and get something related to that. Or related to what you want to do at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Pick something that will look good on your personal statement. It's a bit rubbish that your college didn't sort it for you - we got to pick from a list.

ReputationRep:
    Its very easy to get work experience with the Army

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisF)
    Its very easy to get work experience with the Army
    But also not to everyone's taste

ReputationRep:
    Dont bother with sending letters out now if possible, try to go in and talk to people face to face. Make sure you ask for a relevant member of staff and do abit of research into the company before you go in so if they do a quick few question interview you will impress.

ReputationRep:
    your best bet is to pick something that will be helpful for whatever career you have in mind for the future -failing that, something you enjoy! you will get far more out of doing something that you enjoy than working in a shop...if you want experience in that, just get a part time job!

my school arranged mine for me..couldnt find me anything in art and design or publishing, so they chose 'catering' ....found out i was a waitress at a 'college' for the week - oh no! despair! shoot me now!

found out it was Ashridge management college (huge mansion in herts, beautiful grounds, v. wealthy clients from all over europe) and i had a brilliant week!

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Also work experience ain't necessary - I never did it because we came back from holiday when our work exp already started.

Also you can always get a part-time job in future.

So if you don't get work exp. then don't sweat - you can still get into uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankank)
    Im supposed to have a week for rwork expierence at the end of next week, but i havent actually got anything planned since my college said they would but they didnt..

i have some local stores such as woolworths/ sainsburys etc might consider going to them

i take it i just go in and ask do you have vacancies for work expierence ?

anyone got anything planned ?
    I before E except after C.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.