How long does it take to get unconditional offer? Watch

kissoflily
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
After mailling in offer acceptance and transcript, how long does it usually take to get the final offer?
Thanks.
Ziz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not sure...I sent mine a couple of weeks ago and on Monday I got an email from teh graduate office saying they had received my degree results and were forwarding them to the department to make teh final decision. So the department has had almost a week with them...I'll keep you posted.
rhododendron
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mine took about 10 days - but I didn't send the transcript, just the stamped degree classification form.
kissoflily
So the pink form by itself would be fine?
kissoflily
I see that on the pink form it says it can be submitted instead of the proof of degree, copy of transcript, etc.
however,
on my offer leter, the 3 requirements are 3.5 gpa, proof of degree, and a new copy of transcript.
so do i need to send in the transcript or not? I"m confused.
help
robinson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You'd better send your new transcripts... I sent only the pink form because I didn't need to obtain any new grades...but that wasn't totally clear to them....and then it took one additional week to inform them about this again... You'd better make all these things clear....especially if you are in hurry!
rhododendron
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If it says AND a copy of transcript, and not OR a copy of transcript, then you better send both as requested!

However my offer said OR (and my uni wanted to charge me for a copy of my transcript, but would stamp the form for free).
Ziz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I chose to send my transcript instead of the pink form because I wasn't sure the part-timers at the registrar's office would know how to translate my marks into UK equivalents, whereas LSE obviously did because they made me the offer in the first place. I thought it easiest to just send the transcript and let them decide for themselves...
kissoflily
(Original post by rhododendron)
If it says AND a copy of transcript, and not OR a copy of transcript, then you better send both as requested!

However my offer said OR (and my uni wanted to charge me for a copy of my transcript, but would stamp the form for free).
Well, now looking closely, it ddint' realy say "and" or "or"
it said "...satisfied the following conditions:
*proof of degree
* new copy of transcript
robinson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Then I just don't know what is not clear to you? You have to send them new copy of transcripts, proof of degree (pink form or any other official certificate of your degree, and a document, showing that your GPA is 3.5.)
rhododendron
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Read the conditions as AND. You need to obtain a 3.5 AND send proof of your degree AND a new copy of your transcript.

There are clearly three conditions.
Away from TSR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i sent the transcript and all on the 17th and it just turned unconditional, I suppose there's a one week waiting time for processing the documents. but goddamn, LSE uses some cheap courier to send the documents back, it takes around a week for international deliveries :rolleyes:
rhododendron
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by malhotra)
i sent the transcript and all on the 17th and it just turned unconditional, I suppose there's a one week waiting time for processing the documents. but goddamn, LSE uses some cheap courier to send the documents back, it takes around a week for international deliveries :rolleyes:
I suppose that would be Royal Mail's Airmail? One week to India isn't bad.
shady lane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just called LSE, they said they sent the documents reflecting my unconditional offer on Friday. So that means they send them out the same day it comes up on LSE for You.
Ziz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can i ask you guys what program you are in? Mine has taken 3 weeks now and the unconditional hasn't shown up on LSE 4 You. I'm thinking it might be my department since everyone else's has gone through...
McBeer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I met the conditions of my offer and mailed all the relevant documents back to LSE about a month ago, and there is still nothing on my LSE For You page. Is this cause for concern?
shady lane
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by McBeer)
I met the conditions of my offer and mailed all the relevant documents back to LSE about a month ago, and there is still nothing on my LSE For You page. Is this cause for concern?
Did you meet your conditions? I think if you haven't met them, it has to go to the department, and they have to approve it. The LSE website says (somewhere) to expect to wait up to 4 weeks.
McBeer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by shady lane)
Did you meet your conditions? I think if you haven't met them, it has to go to the department, and they have to approve it. The LSE website says (somewhere) to expect to wait up to 4 weeks.
Yeah, the conditions weren't really an issue. I'm just hoping the packet didn't get lost in the mail, but it was in the self-addressed envelope they gave us. This seems bizarre to me.
shady lane
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by McBeer)
Yeah, the conditions weren't really an issue. I'm just hoping the packet didn't get lost in the mail, but it was in the self-addressed envelope they gave us. This seems bizarre to me.
You should call to make sure they received the letter. I called today just to confirm that what LSE for you says is the truth
McBeer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by shady lane)
You should call to make sure they received the letter. I called today just to confirm that what LSE for you says is the truth
Maybe I'm logging in wrong - I still use "app" as username and password at the first screen, and then my student ID/birthday at the second screen, right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.64%
No (602)
72.36%

Watched Threads