Is it too late to change my AS course?

Watch this thread
gromit1997
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm in my first year at college and I'm studying psychology but I'm at the end of the first term and I really want to change my psychology course so that I can do R.E instead. Do you think I'll be able to change the course if I catch up on all the work and make sure I'm keeping up to date?
nguyenj
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I know a girl who dropped biology to do RE instead around Christmas time. It will be hard, but it's possible that you can catch up. Just organise your time wisely during the holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Flying Duck
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I doubt your college will let you, but it's worth asking. Better to ask now because if they say yes you've got the Christmas holidays to start the catch up process.
gromit1997
Rep:
Ok thank you but do you guys think it will still be possible even after the holidays if I sort it out straight away and do some background research about the subject in my holidays?
SoftPunch
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
You could; but even psychology is taken more seriously than RE; so I'd stick to your existing options if I were you.
thatitootoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SoftPunch)
You could; but even psychology is taken more seriously than RE; so I'd stick to your existing options if I were you.
RE (Philosophy and Ethics) is a respected, traditional humanities A-level.
I don't know why people love to bash it so much on here :rolleyes:
gromit1997
Rep:
Thank you for all your advice everyone but do you think it will be ok if I'm aloud and I sort it all straight away after the holidays?
Flying Duck
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Why do you want to change? The risk that you run is that you put so much effort into catching up that your other subjects take a dip. Most schools/colleges won't let you change subjects after 3 weeks - for a reason.

if you believe that you have good reason AND your college allow you AND you can commit an extra 5-7 hours a week on top of what you've been studying so far, then there's no reason why you couldn't be successful.
gromit1997
Rep:
Well basically I want to change because first of all I think I would really enjoy R.Eafter really looking into it and I thought I would have liked to do it at GCSE do it's like I've made the same mistake again by not doing it at college either.

I didn't do it at college at first because I got the impression that it would be different to how it was at GCSE but again after looking into it it's similar and just look very interesting, like something I would really like. I just for some reason didn't pay attention to it and I was so focused on doing psychology because of a certain career path but it turns out I can go down the same career path by doing R.E.

I think that if I was aloud I could get around doing it, so should I just ask and see what they say?

By the way thank you for your opinion and advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (11)
22.45%
The paper was reasonable (22)
44.9%
Not feeling great about that exam... (10)
20.41%
It was TERRIBLE (6)
12.24%

Watched Threads