Body clock at university..

Watch this thread
DavidYorkshireFTW
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Is it just me or does anyone else find that at university your body clock gets so messed up? I have literally been going to bed around 5-7am and waking up around 1-4pm. In the last few days I have taken action to correct it, like it got up at 11am and then went to bed at 11pm, and now, because of all the noise of people in the flat coming back from nights out, I'm awake again and can't get back to sleep. This is really bad as I work best in the morning when I'm not tired
Per
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I didn't sleep at all on Monday night then went to bed Tuesday at 1pm. Woke up at 6pm and am still wake at 4am Wednesday morning. I have to go to the hospital later too...fml
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 8 years ago
My sleeping gets more and more irregular as the end of term approaches.
Watermelone.
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
No I have a messed up body clock

you are from Yorkshire, it is the norm for such sleeping times.
NathanW18
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
My body clock was messed up before uni. It was pretty bad during college, too. I still love the night time, even after finishing uni.
Malevolent
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I can see why it would get really fudged up whilst there. My body clock right now is set pretty nicely. Always no matter what I'm waking up 4.35.
DavidYorkshireFTW
Rep:
(Original post by Per)
I didn't sleep at all on Monday night then went to bed Tuesday at 1pm. Woke up at 6pm and am still wake at 4am Wednesday morning. I have to go to the hospital later too...fml
Ouch, that's pretty bad, that's the trouble with all nighters you crash half way through the day I am at the hospital tomorrow which is why I am trying to correct my body clock!

(Original post by + polarity -)
My sleeping gets more and more irregular as the end of term approaches.
I feel you man, also, Masshugha are decent, or however you spell it

(Original post by Watermelone.)
No I have a messed up body clock

you are from Yorkshire, it is the norm for such sleeping times.
I'm not in Yorkshire though, and my sleeping times are worse than they were when I was in York!

(Original post by NathanW18)
My body clock was messed up before uni. It was pretty bad during college, too. I still love the night time, even after finishing uni.
Same but I hate the afternoon
NathanW18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
Same but I hate the afternoon
The afternoon is alright.

The morning is the real enemy!
Watermelone.
Rep:
Report 8 years ago

I'm not in Yorkshire though, and my sleeping times are worse than they were when I was in York!

Yorkshire is in your genes, you cannot escape it!
+ polarity -
Report 8 years ago
I feel you man, also, Masshugha are decent, or however you spell it
I'm so glad you like them! :gigg:

yep
JaiiStarh
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I think it is safe to say pretty much everyone's body clock gets messed up whilst in Uni. It's part of the whole 'University experience'. Going to lectures on zero sleep the night before, faking a normal voice when your parents call you at 6pm when in reality you've just woken up, etc.
DavidYorkshireFTW
Rep:
The afternoon is alright.

Yeh true
:moon:

(Original post by Watermelone.)
Yorkshire is in your genes, you cannot escape it!
Don't want to- Gods own county :love:

(Original post by + polarity -)
I'm so glad you like them! :gigg:
They're not as heavy as I anticipated :eek:

yep

(Original post by JaiiStarh)
I think it is safe to say pretty much everyone's body clock gets messed up whilst in Uni. It's part of the whole 'University experience'. Going to lectures on zero sleep the night before, faking a normal voice when your parents call you at 6pm when in reality you've just woken up, etc.
Never woken up at 6pm?! But yes pretty much hit the nail on the head there
Trill
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
My body clock is pretty much messed up, I got to bed around 3am to 4am and wake up at 3pm to 4pm. Especially since it is deadline week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oats
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Copious amount of alcohol has done the job to completely mess my sleep up
DavidYorkshireFTW
Rep:
(Original post by Trill)
My body clock is pretty much messed up, I got to bed around 3am to 4am and wake up at 3pm to 4pm. Especially since it is deadline week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am pretty much the same bro
+ polarity -
Report 8 years ago
should I go to bed now?

(Original post by Trill)
deadline week indeed :sad:
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 8 years ago
Thank God I'm not at university :sadnod:
seaholme
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Switch to a course with 9-5 lectures. It will keep your body clock surprisingly well on track.

Alternatively you might never attend anything.
Origami Bullets
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Mines not too bad really. I, normally go to bed at about 2 and get up at 9

Posted from TSR Mobile
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I thought this thread was going to be about getting your period at uni. :sigh: Fail.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.86%
The paper was reasonable (191)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (99)
25.32%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.97%

Watched Threads