The Student Room Group

2014 Oxford Results - when?

Hi everyone!

The Oxford website states that "On 8 January 2014, you will be told whether or not you have an offer of a place".

But the tutors at my interview said before Christmas. So I am a bit confused. When can we expect to receive the results from Oxford?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

It used to be before Christmas, now it will be in January is what I gather. The tutors were probably giving you old info :yes:
Reply 2
From their perspective, they do make the decision before Christmas, and it used to be communicated almost immediately. I was interviewed on the Wednesday and got my offer on the Friday.

You don't hear until January this year though.
Reply 3
Original post by nexttime
From their perspective, they do make the decision before Christmas, and it used to be communicated almost immediately. I was interviewed on the Wednesday and got my offer on the Friday.

You don't hear until January this year though.

Same. I got home on the evening and got an email before lunch the next day :lol:
Reply 4
Original post by Noble.
Same. I got home on the evening and got an email before lunch the next day :lol:

That must have been one hell of a Christmas for you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Perhaps your tutors would be giving out their decisions early. Lucky.

Good luck. It is such a painful wait! :smile:
Aha Oxford's website says the 8th January but when I was at Oxford for my interview at University College in their pack they said 'you will not hear from us until at least the 11th January' i'm hoping to god that was an error!
Reply 7
I received my conditional offer this morning, December 20th, so I guess it differs from college to college :smile:
Original post by snd
I received my conditional offer this morning, December 20th, so I guess it differs from college to college :smile:

What college?
Reply 9
Original post by snd

Really? Which college and what course? Did you get it by post or email?
Reply 10
Harris Manchester, PPE, by email. We were informed at the interviews that all communication would be by email :smile:
Original post by snd
Harris Manchester, PPE, by email. We were informed at the interviews that all communication would be by email :smile:

Harris Manchester seems to be ignoring the normal rules :tongue: Congratulations though!

(I wonder if the rest of the university knows, or if they forgot about the internet, and assume no-one else will find out...)
Original post by snd

Well congrats :smile:

I'm not jealous at all.
Reply 13
Original post by snd

Nice Christmas trick. Show email? Or copy and paste part of it? Rofl.
Reply 14
Original post by snd

Original post by BioScie
Nice Christmas trick. Show email? Or copy and paste part of it? Rofl.

YESS!!! Please do. You can scrap your name off I just want to know the format. I beg you to do it.:adore:
Reply 15
Original post by arminb
YESS!!! Please do. You can scrap your name off I just want to know the format. I beg you to do it.:adore:

He will not do it. Judging by his previous post with no emotion expression like "wow, omg". Please, I study psychology.
Reply 16
I'm an international student, so the information was well received as I will need it to apply for funding. And as for showing emotions on an internet forum, some people are less expressive than others I guess.
Reply 17
Original post by snd
I'm an international student, so the information was well received as I will need it to apply for funding. And as for showing emotions on an internet forum, some people are less expressive than others I guess.

Id really appreciate it if you could paste the email here and relove personal information. I just want to see the format of the letter and thats the only reason why k want to see it.
Reply 18
Original post by arminb
Id really appreciate it if you could paste the email here and relove personal information. I just want to see the format of the letter and thats the only reason why k want to see it.

You're going to find out soon enough, don;t be so impatient.
Why does 'the format' even interest you?
It will either say YES or NO.
Reply 19
Original post by snd

Congratulations! I'm a HMC applicant as well. When was your interview?

The principal did say that "they might send the decision 2-3 weeks after the interviews".

Congratulations again! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending