The Student Room Group

Funding for Year Abroad

Hi,

I am a second year politics student and am looking at studying abroad next year. So far it seems that the finance available to me will be up to £6535 maintenance loan, plus three return flights (minus £303). However, the university I want to go to estimates that living costs (excluding tuition fees) will be £12,000 for one year. Is there any way of getting a bigger loan in order to be able to afford to go to this university?

There is lots of info on the student finance website about travel grants for medicine/dentistry students, but not much for people studying other courses.

If anyone knows anything about funding for placements abroad I'd be really grateful if you could give me some advice.

Hi

Can you please advise if this is study or placement abroad?

If study is this part of the Erasmus scheme?

Thanks
Reply 2
My daughter is also contemplating third year abroad next year ( studying not a placement) but it is very difficult to find accurate information and advisers at Student Finance give conflicting information. Basically can my daughter still get her full tuition fee loan of £9,000 which is what her Scottish uni are charging and what exactly is she entitled to for a loan/grant. I am aware of the travel grant for low income families. A speedy reply would be much appreciated as she has to confirm her acceptance of her place in a few days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending