The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester Primary Education Interview

I have an interview at beginning of January but have not recieved an email or info on Track. Does anyone know what I need to do/ bring for interview:confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by alison40
I have an interview at beginning of January but have not recieved an email or info on Track. Does anyone know what I need to do/ bring for interview:confused:

I'm the same, I think I'm going to email them to find out what I'm meant to do/bring. Have you heard anything since posting this? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Original post by Anna469
I'm the same, I think I'm going to email them to find out what I'm meant to do/bring. Have you heard anything since posting this? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang them before Christmas and they said they will be posting information . I will ring them next week and will let you know what they say as the letters should have been received by now, I would have thought. I will let you know the outcome.
alison
Reply 3
I rang them before Christmas and they said they will be posting information . I will ring them next week and will let you know what they say as the letters should have been received by now, I would have thought. I will let you know the outcome.
alison

Oh ok, yeah I would have thought the letters would have been received as well, especially as I got this card thing before Christmas in the post saying happy Christmas. Ok, thankyou! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I tried to ring today nut no answer, I guess they are closed for Xmas hols. I will try again on Thursday, its frustrating as it is so close now. Like you I recieved a Xmas card!!!! Hopefully we are all in the same boat.
Happy New Year and will let you know how I get on
:smile:
Reply 5
I tried to ring today nut no answer, I guess they are closed for Xmas hols. I will try again on Thursday, its frustrating as it is so close now. Like you I recieved a Xmas card!!!! Hopefully we are all in the same boat.
Happy New Year and will let you know how I get on
:smile:

Yeah, I know what you mean! When's your interview? Mine's the 15th. Hm yeah I hope so. Ok, thankyou, and happy new year to you too! :smile:
Reply 6
I have an interview on the 9th. I called and they emailed the info through. You will do a group presentation and have an individual interview along with a short written test. U need to bring a children's book of ur choice that u would use for a first lesson. Also keep up to date on any issues within the education sector :smile:
Reply 7
So nervous about this interview now!! does anyone else have one on the 9th january? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by evalloudon
So nervous about this interview now!! does anyone else have one on the 9th january? :smile:

Aw good luck!
I emailed the uni about details for the interview and they said that 'details will be emailed in due course'. but slightly worried as my interview's in just over a week and I'm not going to have much time to prepare! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

hello, i have my interview tomorrow too, getting nervous now!
Reply 10
Original post by jacksharpe
hello, i have my interview tomorrow too, getting nervous now!

How did u think it went? I didn't like the structure, and they left us on our own for the written task meaning everyone just googled words they couldn't spell :frown:
Reply 11
Yeah it was okay I though! It was really unstructured I agree, I kinda liked that we were let off to get on with it but I couldnt concentrate so my writing is poor:frown: the interview was okay I thought and the book thing okay! How did your day go?:smile:
Reply 12
How did u think it went? I didn't like the structure, and they left us on our own for the written task meaning everyone just googled words they couldn't spell :frown:

Really?? That's pretty bad! How did the rest of your interview go? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Anna469
Really?? That's pretty bad! How did the rest of your interview go? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The individual interview was okay, only last 10 minutes which went so unbelievably quick!! They only asked about 5 questions, nothing about the current educational issues that they asked u to research or your cv. The group presentation lasted a bit longer, u worked in groups of 4, going for ur individual interview whilst preparing the presentation. I didn't like it as they didn't observe how any of us worked in a group, how we communicated, how we organised our work or how we worked as a team( as they were doing the individual ones at the same time) !!
The interview itself wasn't difficult I just didn't feel they got to see how we worked :/ bit gutted!
Reply 14
Personal statement not cv haha
Reply 15
The individual interview was okay, only last 10 minutes which went so unbelievably quick!! They only asked about 5 questions, nothing about the current educational issues that they asked u to research or your cv. The group presentation lasted a bit longer, u worked in groups of 4, going for ur individual interview whilst preparing the presentation. I didn't like it as they didn't observe how any of us worked in a group, how we communicated, how we organised our work or how we worked as a team( as they were doing the individual ones at the same time) !!
The interview itself wasn't difficult I just didn't feel they got to see how we worked :/ bit gutted!

oh ok, that's interesting :smile: were the staff friendly? and also, what sort of thing were you/others wearing? was it really smart?
Reply 16
Original post by Anna469
oh ok, that's interesting :smile: were the staff friendly? and also, what sort of thing were you/others wearing? was it really smart?

Yeah the staff were lovely!! They gave u a big talk at the beginning telling u the kind of things u need to say and ideas about what u can talk about which really relaxes you :smile: I wore a grey dress with black tights and a beige blazer. Everyone was smart but some more than others, for example some people wore cardigans instead of blazers, some people wore trousers other skirts with shirts. All the boys wore shirt and tie :smile:
I have everything crossed for those interviewed already.

If I can ask a question to those interviewed or awaiting interview what time of day are/were the interview?

I'm awaiting reply - sent application Friday. So so excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
My interview started at 12 mid-day and I arrived at half 11. However, the hall was full of people for the interview so its best to arrive really early haha :smile: Also it took quite a few weeks for the universities to reply after sending off my application :smile:
Hey peeps, how soon after applying to UCAS did you receive your interview? Mine went in on the 15th & I've had the card to say they have my application, just anxiously waiting to hear...! TIA xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending