Ben4
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am getting into reading and literature now, I have only read 2 books religiously which are: Mister Pip and The Hunger Games.

I am in the middle of reading Catching Fire, does anyone have any good books that I can research and maybe buy for the future? I am interested in non fiction mainly but have read a few true stories but can't remember the names!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ladyliesel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you like The Hunger Games I'd recommend Divergent (Veronica Roth), Matched (Ally Condie), Uglies (Scott Westerfeld), Enclave (Ann Aguirre),The Maze Runner (James Dashner) and Northern Lights (Phillip Pullman).
pheonixfeather
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe the gone series (Michael Grant), Harry potter is classic. And I'm currently reading beautiful creatures which is amazing!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ActusReus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The boy in the Striped Pyjamas, The Book Thief, The Hobbit, Life of Pi, Lord of the Flies, The fault in our stars and of course Harry Potter.
username571046
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ladyliesel)
If you like The Hunger Games I'd recommend Divergent (Veronica Roth), Matched (Ally Condie), Uglies (Scott Westerfeld), Enclave (Ann Aguirre),The Maze Runner (James Dashner) and Northern Lights (Phillip Pullman).
I agree with all of these.
The chemical garden series - wither (Lauren DeStafano), The Fault in Our Stars and Looking For Alaska (John Green), possibly Beautiful Creatures (can't remember the author, but they've made the first one into a film).
However, I find that they all get a bit samey after a while. You'd need to give a bit of a wider interest, or list a few more books to get better recommendations.
If you liked Mister Pip, have you read Great Expectations? Charles Dickens is wonderful, his style is really easy to read.
Ben4
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by icnthelpit)
I agree with all of these.
The chemical garden series - wither (Lauren DeStafano), The Fault in Our Stars and Looking For Alaska (John Green), possibly Beautiful Creatures (can't remember the author, but they've made the first one into a film).
However, I find that they all get a bit samey after a while. You'd need to give a bit of a wider interest, or list a few more books to get better recommendations.
If you liked Mister Pip, have you read Great Expectations? Charles Dickens is wonderful, his style is really easy to read.
I havnt read many books as I am only just getting into reading I am noting all these books down. I am thinking about getting the book thief, it looks interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prokaryotic_crap
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was just about to make exactly the same thread, wow. I recently rediscovered my love for reading, I just finished my first book since I started reading again, Jacqueline The Ripper by Karl Alexander. You probably haven't heard of it, he's an small, unknown writer, he hasn't published a lot of books, but damn, did I enjoy this book! - a real page turner, whenever I finished a chapter I was eager read the next. Currently, I am reading the prequel, Time After Time.

Please can someone suggest books that are page turners, sci fi, science fiction type books.

Also if you haven't read Jacqueline The Ripper, I highly suggest it, you won't regret it.
TalkingLion
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Book Thief is really good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (53)
23.98%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.57%
I'm sick of studying (45)
20.36%
I can't find a course I want to do (5)
2.26%
I don't know enough about them (16)
7.24%