The Student Room Group

Girls, what do you think of this??

Ok so there's a girl I work with which I'm not sure if she likes me or not. I google, body language etc and everything seems so contradicting! And I know your going to say just ask her out, but I'd like to at least try and find out whether she likes me or just sees me as a friend.
She seems comfortable around me, but only when were with other people, she will happily joke, tease me and be herself. If we are alone together she will be alot quieter and sometimes barely say anything to me. She has once complimented me on my trousers, she often compliments me on my work, saying its 'perfect' sometimes. If we are talking one to one (which isn't often as we rarely have chance) she asks about my family, if I saying I'm doing X on the weekend (watching a band for example) she will say 'oh that sounds really, good, it'll be good that) does she want me to ask her? Eye contact, sometimes she won't other times she will. If we walk passed each other in the corridor she will say 'alright' in a quiet voice and look me in the eyes. When she is at her her desk she will lean on her hand and look me in the eyes even when I'm not talking to her( when I'm talking to someone else in the room) I will make eye contact with her for a couple of secs, she will hold it. If I'm not myself she notices and will get someone to come and ask if I'm alright, she won't ask herself.
I must say I get the impression she can be a bit shy sometimes in certain situations, I think she is the shy type.
So yeah that's it, it probably all sounds daft and I'm over thinking way to much, but I just like to know wha you think?

Ladies?
Reply 1
Well she obviously likes you as a person, but she probably hasn't considered you in a romantic way. If she has considered you in a romantic way then it seems like she is more liking of you than unliking... Soo yeah ask her out, she'll probably be flattered to find that you're interested in her.
IF she says she'd rather just be friends, it's not because of you, it's because she's interested in someone else or something, because she wouldn't act like she wants to know you so much if she would never even think about going out.
Reply 2
I don't know, but it doesn't really sound to me like she really fancies you. Even shy girls generally try to stay in the company of the people they like if they have the opportunity. Does it seem like she's going the extra mile to engage in conversation? It can be way too easy to overthink a simple gesture of kindnesss when you like someone. But who knows. You'll probably only know for sure if you ask her.
Reply 3
It's a tricky one. I personally wouldn't read too much into the body language, or scare her off by analysing it so much. Have you considered she may have noticed you've been watching her intently?
But to me she just sounds shy. Perhaps just talk to her, maybe suggest casually you go for a coffee? If she says yes, then you'll have a better chance to find out more about what she thinks. Always worth a try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending