harrybarnett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm studying... Philosophy and Ethics, Computer Science, Business Studies, Resistant materials and Sociology - GCSE at Queen Elizabeth School, Kirkby Lonsdale
incipientT
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, welcome to :tsr: :wavey:

I'm curious, what's the study of 'Resistant materials'? Resistant to what...?

btw, you might find the study help section of tsr of interest. There are subsections for most of those subjects, though I don't know about Resistant materials
User1014865
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by incipientT)
Hi, welcome to :tsr: :wavey:

I'm curious, what's the study of 'Resistant materials'? Resistant to what...?

btw, you might find the study help section of tsr of interest. There are subsections for most of those subjects, though I don't know about Resistant materials
Hi! Welcome

I did resistant materials at GCSE, it's about making things out of wood, and stuff. I think is means to use resistance to craft materials...:dontknow:

I guess it's useful for those who want to get into construction :yep:
incipientT
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Iamyourfather)
Hi! Welcome

I did resistant materials at GCSE, it's about making things out of wood, and stuff. I think is means to use resistance to craft materials...:dontknow:

I guess it's useful for those who want to get into construction :yep:
I see, I suppose it would be Though, I'm not quite sure about the whole 'using resistance to craft materials' bit... I may google it later, see what I get
User1014865
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I see, I suppose it would be Though, I'm not quite sure about the whole 'using resistance to craft materials' bit... I may google it later, see what I get
Haha, me neither tbh...
incipientT
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha, me neither tbh...
I just Googled I got: "GCSE Design and Technology: Resistant Materials helps students develop the ability to design and make products with creativity and originality, using a range of materials and techniques.

This specification requires students to develop their knowledge of woods, metals, plastics and composite materials. Other materials may also be used and the use of new technologies is also encouraged."

So, I'm still not sure where the word 'resistant' came from. Maybe because all the materials are rigid? :dontknow:
User1014865
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just Googled I got: "GCSE Design and Technology: Resistant Materials helps students develop the ability to design and make products with creativity and originality, using a range of materials and techniques.

This specification requires students to develop their knowledge of woods, metals, plastics and composite materials. Other materials may also be used and the use of new technologies is also encouraged."

So, I'm still not sure where the word 'resistant' came from. Maybe because all the materials are rigid? :dontknow:
Perhaps, most of the materials I had used were rigid. Although as I result, I'd suffered a few minor injuries. I recall being the only girl in the class and coincidentally I was the only know one who actually completed the coursework
incipientT
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Perhaps, most of the materials I had used were rigid. Although as I result, I'd suffered a few minor injuries. I recall being the only girl in the class and coincidentally I was the only know one who actually completed the coursework
Nothing too bad, right?

Really!? The only person? Wow...
User1014865
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nothing too bad, right?

Really!? The only person? Wow...
No, nothing too bad. Very minor burns from soldering and wood dust getting in my eye

Yeah, virtually all the "bad lads" where on that course... So as you can imagine I had a field day in those classes :rolleyes: I got an A in it , I was pretty chuffed but I did work really hard for it :angel:

My final piece was a mahogany jewellery box which ended up looking a bit lop-sided haha.
incipientT
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, nothing too bad. Very minor burns from soldering and wood dust getting in my eye

Yeah, virtually all the "bad lads" where on that course... So as you can imagine I had a field day in those classes :rolleyes: I got an A in it , I was pretty chuffed but I did work really hard for it :angel:

My final piece was a mahogany jewellery box which ended up looking a bit lop-sided haha.
That's ok then

Sounds real fun :rolleyes: Great that you got an A in it! Feels great when when you get 'em :yep:

Sounds really nice

(I think we've kinda hijacked this thread I think we should probably stop now...)
lottiemorton2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by harrybarnett)
I'm studying... Philosophy and Ethics, Computer Science, Business Studies, Resistant materials and Sociology - GCSE at Queen Elizabeth School, Kirkby Lonsdale
hi harry haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.32%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (87)
28.43%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (116)
37.91%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
13.07%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.27%

Watched Threads