The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justmyself
I know right, there is no other reason a 20 year old would go for a 60 year old.
Loool, gossip of the year!

Anyone going shopping on boxing day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I've ever gone shopping on Boxing Day :colondollar: I might go this year though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Umar1
Well not shopping exactly. But i have persuaded my mum to buy me a nice laptop:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Do you want a specific one?

Original post by Secretnerd123
Not sure. I hate how packed the shops get and the hustle and bustle. Don't even get me started on primark on boxing day. Bismillah its crazy!! :eek:

Ill probs go the day after. Hbu

I know! You can barely walk, the whole city is out!
I was so excited as I needed new clothes but I have a shift so I'm working.
Crazy as everyone will probably be coming for lunch.

Original post by missfats
What somali doesn't go shopping on Boxing day, my mama wakes like 6 am to get from the rush in city centre, dayum that place is packed :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol, I know right! Have fun! :biggrin:

Original post by ArsenalObsessed
I don't think I've ever gone shopping on Boxing Day :colondollar: I might go this year though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really, how come? Be prepared to fight for what you want! Kidding, :smile:
I was always wondering this, do you boys go shopping for yourself or are you not bothered and let your mum do the shopping and decisions?

Naya delete gareey now misee adhi baa ku delete gareendoona :rofl:

That farax is too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
I was always wondering this, do you boys go shopping for yourself or are you not bothered and let your mum do the shopping and decisions?

I can't remember the last time my mum bought some clothes for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 386
Naya delete gareey now misee adhi baa ku delete gareendoona :rofl:

That farax is too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, funny guys tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! It's similar to my brother's but he's got a red one I think.

Original post by Umar1
I can't remember the last time my mum bought some clothes for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you like shopping? Or do you go only when in need?

I'm really curious about this as my brother seems to despise shopping.

lol, that's hilarious!
Reply 388
Nice! It's similar to my brother's but he's got a red one I think.

This one has a more powerful processor then the other HP pavilions (including red one) so it caught my eye.

Do you like shopping?

I like buying new clothes etc yes.. But what I don't like is going around for hours and making sure to go inside every shop in town like somali women.

I look on the Internet to see what I like, if it catches my eye I either get it delivered or go get it myself. Shopping takes me no longer then half an hour, or one hour max.
Original post by Umar1
This one has a more powerful processor then the other HP pavilions (including red one) so it caught my eye.

I like buying new clothes etc yes.. But what I don't like is going around for hours and making sure to go inside every shop in town like somali women.

I look on the Internet to see what I like, if it catches my eye I either get it delivered or go get it myself. Shopping takes me no longer then half an hour, or one hour max.

That's good!
Wish I could be like that, after two hours I get tired, don't get how people can shop the whole day.

Do you like shopping? Or do you go only when in need?

I'm really curious about this as my brother seems to despise shopping.

I despise taking my sisters shopping, and going to 3 shops to get the right shade of colour, and they try it on and then say oh we don't like it that grates me.
When I go shopping I know what I'm getting and from where to get it.
But when it comes to electronics like getting a laptop I do like to look around for the best type and price. A big contrast I know
Original post by Al-farhan
I despise taking my sisters shopping, and going to 3 shops to get the right shade of colour, and they try it on and then say oh we don't like it that grates me.
But when it comes to electronics like getting a laptop I do like to look around for the best type and price. A big contrast I know

How many sisters do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its girl power in the family, out of the 8 of us 5 are girls, oh the squabbling:tongue:
But they my little sisters regardless how annoying it can get.:cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about you, what is the balance in your family boys outnumber the girls?
What about you, what is the balance in your family boys outnumber the girls?

Haha the girls outnumber the boys in my family too! There are 6 of us girls and 2 boys lool.

I love having a big family although i do wish i had more brothers :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 395
Yous have huge families. It's just me, my brother who just started high school and my one year old sister in my family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Haha, it is a big contrast... kind of?
That might be why my brother hates it then... my Dad is the same, he'll spend hours looking at prices of iPads, laptops and phones and when we get home, he'll look at them online.

How can you guys cope with such big families, I go crazy with just one brother and one sister.
Haha the girls outnumber the boys in my family too! There are 6 of us girls and 2 boys lool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only 1 brother over here! and 5 girls including me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mashallah girls are a blessing the youngest one always looks after mum gets her everything mum's little princess.
But how do you handle the boys, do you have teenage brothers, I always think teen girls easier to handle than boys
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
Only 1 brother over here! and 5 girls including me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woow mashallah, poor boy.:tongue:
Where does he fall is he near the eldest or youngest range?

Quick Reply

Latest