?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
electronegativity??:mad::confused:
jack54
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im pretty sure it is the power of an atom to attract electron density from another atom/molecule, atleast I think so based on what I have been taught in A-Level
davidtyoember
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What is your question?
davidtyoember
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think it's the ability of an atom to attract a shared pair of electrons in a covalent bond.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by a.level)
electronegativity??:mad::confused:
What is your question? the electronegativity is used by an atom in a chemical reaction to attract the electrons of an another atom. Thus a chemical bond between atoms come into being. The attraction depends on the difference between the electronegativities of the atoms in a chemical reaction. The greater the difference the greater the mutual attraction of the atoms.

The atom which has the greatest electronegativity in a chemical reaction attracts the electrons of an atom most of all.
a.level
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
What is your question? the electronegativity is used by an atom in a chemical reaction to attract the electrons of an another atom. Thus a chemical bond between atoms come into being. The attraction depends on the difference between the electronegativities of the atoms in a chemical reaction. The greater the difference the greater the mutual attraction of the atoms.

The atom which has the greatest electronegativity in a chemical reaction attracts the electrons of an atom most of all.
thankyou
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by a.level)
thankyou
You are welcome! I'm glad that my answer was clear and helpful enough for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.9%
I'm not sure (16)
3.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.41%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.81%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.28%

Watched Threads