The Student Room Group

Rejected by nursing?

I've applied for LSBU, Kingston, Kings, Middlessex and City for adult nursing. Ive been rejected by LSBU and kingston for poor personal statement and now im afraid that i wont get any offers at all, what do i do? :frown: pleaseeeeee helpppp!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Make another seven threads about the same thing!
The only thing I can advise is trying not thinking negatively as its not happened and you still might get an interview/offer....IF it does happen then re-apply next year with a kick-ass Personal Statement, get help with it, get some experience etc

But like I said it has not happened yet so try not worrying too much :smile: I only had four options and had only gotten a rejection by this point of the year and felt rubbish about my prospects but then I got in so don't give up hope :biggrin:
Reply 3
If you get rejected from all you can apply again through clearing. If you apply through clearing. I may be able to give you tips on personal statement. I have applied to Greenwich and south-bank I didn't send my application till late November and the person in charged of admissions is on holiday till the 2nd I got an automated reply because I emailed him. However my main worry is Maths as that's part of the assessment we will have to do. If anyone can help or advise on focus areas I will appreciate
Thanks.
Reply 4
If you get rejected by all of them (fingers crossed you won't! :smile:) you can apply through Extra before you'd have to go through Clearing (which is used when applying past the UCAS application deadline).

Information on Extra (UCAS website)

Good luck!
Maksura, think positively, u have not totally been rejected by all ur choices, i have been rejected by 3 choices and am really worried now..
You'll get in if not go for clearing.. But you'll get in.
Original post by notthegreatest
You'll get in if not go for clearing.. But you'll get in.

thanks for ur advice, but i want to stay in London and have applied for all unis in london offering the course i want to do. I think i was mainly rejected because of my age as unis want mature students for adult nursing. If i get rejected by all, i might try in q few years time, that way, unis will have no reason to reject me.
Original post by blue diamond
thanks for ur advice, but i want to stay in London and have applied for all unis in london offering the course i want to do. I think i was mainly rejected because of my age as unis want mature students for adult nursing. If i get rejected by all, i might try in q few years time, that way, unis will have no reason to reject me.

How old are you? Cause the minimum age I heard is meant to be 17... There are loads of universities in london that offer Nursing courses... But which subjects did you do at college?
Age doesn't really play a factor, it's more if they think you are mature enough to cope with the course and what it can entail. Out of my cohort of 105 nursing students there were about 20-30 matures students, the rest straight from college having done either Alevels, Access courses or BTECS/NVQs. I was 19 turning 20 when I started. The admissions tutor at the uni I went too told us the reasons people get rejected, such as not having ANY experience in the area at all or no real interest, but age doesn't play a part in the sense of actual physical age its more about maturity as I said earlier. Don't lose hope !! You'll get there :smile: It took me three years in college to get there but it was for the best at the end of the day as I met some lovely people that I would have if i'd of just got for the diploma when I failed first year of college.
How old are you? Cause the minimum age I heard is meant to be 17... There are loads of universities in london that offer Nursing courses... But which subjects did you do at college?

i am 17, and in studying A Level health and social care and ict
Original post by xx-Samantha-xx
Age doesn't really play a factor, it's more if they think you are mature enough to cope with the course and what it can entail. Out of my cohort of 105 nursing students there were about 20-30 matures students, the rest straight from college having done either Alevels, Access courses or BTECS/NVQs. I was 19 turning 20 when I started. The admissions tutor at the uni I went too told us the reasons people get rejected, such as not having ANY experience in the area at all or no real interest, but age doesn't play a part in the sense of actual physical age its more about maturity as I said earlier. Don't lose hope !! You'll get there :smile: It took me three years in college to get there but it was for the best at the end of the day as I met some lovely people that I would have if i'd of just got for the diploma when I failed first year of college.

thanks for that feedback, it is helpful to know for the future. I don't think i have as much experience at the moment which unis are looking for which is most probably why i have been rejected by three of them...
i am 17, and in studying A Level health and social care and ict

I did health and social care and I'm not trying to put you off...but that subject is completely useless for those who want to become nurses or midwifes... Do you have GCSE in biology and chemistry? Cause if you do you are safe and more likely to do well at university.. and have you thought about taking Biology A-level along with health and social care?
thanks for that feedback, it is helpful to know for the future. I don't think i have as much experience at the moment which unis are looking for which is most probably why i have been rejected by three of them...

You can always volunteer in hospitals or clinics to gain experience.. I would also suggest you do GCSE biology and chemistry or just biology.. If you have them then that's great.
As i am in A2, i cant go back to gcses in the sixth form i am in. However, i did as bio, although i didn't do too well in it..i m intending to gain some experience in a day care centre or elderly peoples home over the next few years so that I can reapply in a few years, in the mean time, will b looking into business admin in case i don't want to go into nursing after a few yrs..
As i am in A2, i cant go back to gcses in the sixth form i am in. However, i did as bio, although i didn't do too well in it..i m intending to gain some experience in a day care centre or elderly peoples home over the next few years so that I can reapply in a few years, in the mean time, will b looking into business admin in case i don't want to go into nursing after a few yrs..
nursing is actually a very good course but it's not great for those who are Btec health and social care students... It helps a lot with the psychology and sociology part of nursing but utterly rubbish for anatomy physiology chemistry disease part of nursing.
nursing is actually a very good course but it's not great for those who are Btec health and social care students... It helps a lot with the psychology and sociology part of nursing but utterly rubbish for anatomy physiology chemistry disease part of nursing.

that's true, thankfully i do A Level Health and Social care, which has taught me a lot more which links into nursing, such qs investigating diseases and how to meet individual needs, and much more..
I applied last year for children's nursing. I got four interviews but was rejected from them all. I got a* a and b in my a levels.

Decided of try clearing which isn't brilliant for nursing. A few days later I was offered a place on a children's nursing course at The university of nottingham :smile: don't worry if you don't get in this time round. I met so many people who have tried 2 or 3 times to get in:wink: if you don't get a place this year I advice taking the access course and getting a job.

The access course will keep you in education, and keep your qualifications upto date:smile: and getting a job just means ul have some money behind you when you do go! best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by graceey_bear
I applied last year for children's nursing. I got four interviews but was rejected from them all. I got a* a and b in my a levels.

Decided of try clearing which isn't brilliant for nursing. A few days later I was offered a place on a children's nursing course at The university of nottingham :smile: don't worry if you don't get in this time round. I met so many people who have tried 2 or 3 times to get in:wink: if you don't get a place this year I advice taking the access course and getting a job.

The access course will keep you in education, and keep your qualifications upto date:smile: and getting a job just means ul have some money behind you when you do go! best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow, congrats on ur really good a level results, and thanks for the advice which has been helpful and which i will b considering.. But hopefully one of the two remaining unis that i applied for may contact me soon..
that's true, thankfully i do A Level Health and Social care, which has taught me a lot more which links into nursing, such qs investigating diseases and how to meet individual needs, and much more..

That's good that your doing A level in health and social care, I would suggest its good that you do investigating diseases.. But do you study the anatomy and physiology of the human body and the pathology of diseases? Which are extremely important to know? If not I would suggest you do more studying in your part time, to help you more in university.

Quick Reply

Latest