What I'm starting to dislike about TSR Watch

Welsh_insomniac
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Following the thread entitled, "TSR is crap" - it's OP is lacking anything substantial so it's probably a joke thread but I do share this opinion and that's mainly down to one reason alone; TSR is turning more and more into Reddit, and it can never compete.

The amount of times someone asks a question and all you get is a bunch of memes, gifs, nonsensical catchphrases, most of which has been stolen from reddit, only this time instead of reaping karma you get some nice green thumbs under your belt.

This forum has lost its touch, all you find here are threads about Islam, homosexuality and feminism and almost all of the users who comment on here have almost no authority on the matter yet claim they do.

Any thoughts?
FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ok.
killa78
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This forum never had a 'touch'. It's always been like this since I joined.

It's probably one of the reasons it's addictive.

And, whenever a serious thread is started, some interesting and worthwhile debates sometimes occur.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
I agree.

I think GIFs and memes should be banned from all over the forum.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
Following the thread entitled, "TSR is crap" - it's OP is lacking anything substantial so it's probably a joke thread but I do share this opinion and that's mainly down to one reason alone; TSR is turning more and more into Reddit, and it can never compete.

The amount of times someone asks a question and all you get is a bunch of memes, gifs, nonsensical catchphrases, most of which has been stolen from reddit, only this time instead of reaping karma you get some nice green thumbs under your belt.

This forum has lost its touch, all you find here are threads about Islam, homosexuality and feminism and almost all of the users who comment on here have almost no authority on the matter yet claim they do.

Any thoughts?
That's nice. What would you do to fix it?
SophiaKeuning
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Any thoughts?
I agree. And you do look like Freddie Mercury in that photo.
tes1996
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love TSR just to laugh at the prigs who post on it.
The self appointed experts, nerds with personality defects and those so scarily obsessed about their uni applications and futures create much enjoyment.
One should never take this site seriously
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm actually so glad you made this, the other thread can be closed now and an articulate discussion can be had instead. First though, if anyone has a criticism, there's no point unless you can make it in an articulate way.

The gifs and memes are isolated to chat, where serious discussion isn't intended to take place. I could have posted 'Elephant' in place of this entire post and it wouldn't have been a transgression, because chat is a place for randomness and images that don't support points are allowed here.

I do however agree that all of the posts at the moment are about the same things, usually by the same culprits. But TSR doesn't make those threads, users do. Really its up to us as fellow users to improve that by posting other things.

Edit: I know it's a copy paste from the old thread but laziness isn't a crime
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Any thoughts?
You see, I enjoy seeing gifs and memes.

What I didn't like was when I was holding back from saying anything controversial, for fear of being negged to oblivion. I think it's really important negs don't come back. People can just be honest really.

It's not a perfect system, just having 'pos'es, but I think it's an improvement at least. I think there's a broader spectrum of opinions on threads nowadays, not just a predictable majority.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.58%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (231)
58.48%
No (138)
34.94%

Watched Threads