The Student Room Group

what do sixth form interviews consist of?

I have 4 interviews next month and was curious on how I should prepare my self. What are some typical questions they ask and what is the best answer to give? Are questions based around subjects or just general questions? Thanks :smile:
Hi I depends on how good the school is and what the schools entry requirments are . For example for Woodhouse give you an interviewer who teaches and knows about your chosen subjects (mine were science subjects)and then give you a question to solve . With schools such as my current one all that they asked me was why I wanted to go there and why I chose my subjects (they only wanted 6 Bs so yeah ) .
Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by TheIndecent
Hi I depends on how good the school is and what the schools entry requirments are . For example for Woodhouse give you an interviewer who teaches and knows about your chosen subjects (mine were science subjects)and then give you a question to solve . With schools such as my current one all that they asked me was why I wanted to go there and why I chose my subjects (they only wanted 6 Bs so yeah ) .

You need to solve a question in the interview for warehouse?! What if you start to panic and can't?!
Reply 3
Original post by TheIndecent

I'm applying to a grammar school. Were the questions hard? Can you remember anything they asked, I'm applying for science subjects and maths so any help would be grateful. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by cherrypiez
You need to solve a question in the interview for warehouse?! What if you start to panic and can't?!

Then you are pretty screwed :smile:
Reply 5
Mine consisted of a general chat about my personal statement and why I had chosen the subjects I did :smile:
Reply 6
The type of interview you will have depends on the quality of the Sixth form.

One Sixth form I applied to I had an interview that lasted around 15 mins. All they did was look at my GCSE mock results and then make a decision on whether to offer me a place or not.

The other (much better) Sixth form I applied to gave me a full day of interviews with the head of the each subject I applied for.

PM if you want any more info. :smile:
Well when I applied for St Micheals I was in a group and they made us do an entrance exam but I think that for QE it is really hard for someone who does not go there already to get in so I suggest that you go on a HUGE charm offensive .
BTW these are schools in London :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest