The Student Room Group

What do you despise when you go cinema with your friend(s)?

For me, is when they text or go on their phone throughout the entire film!!! It's rather annoying. Are you there to watch a film or go on your phone 24/7. :mad:

Scroll to see replies

Nothing, my mates are cool and just sit and watch :biggrin:
Although I went with 2 girls recently and they were chatting a bit :rolleyes: and then they asked me afterwards, why I was quiet :colonhash:
Reply 2
When they keep asking me what just had happened and I end up missing parts of the film :sigh:
Haven't been with a friend for many years, so I can't really remember :redface:
When they make comments through the whole thing, often speculating about what's going to happen next.. just watch it!

When they insist they don't want popcorn, then steal a lot of mine.

..Although having said that, the cinema annoys me in general. £8 to see a film that you can buy for £5 in a few months? There are very few films that I look forward to enough to want to see them on the big screen.
Reply 5
Either when they text all the way through, or when they bring a random person along to join us >.<
Reply 6
I don't really like going to the cinema in general, there's always someone doing something annoying. The last time I went, a school trip took place in my screen.......
I don't mind talking through movies unless they keep asking me questions.

For me it's being expected to share drinks.

To me, that's disgusting but in my efforts to seem normal, I have to oblige.
Reply 8
The long god damn adverts that sometimes feel longer than the film itself, friend wise I don't mind chatting through the film but within reason, sometimes they go too far :colone::fight:
Reply 9
Every single thing about it. I don't go anymore. For the price the whole experience is trash.
Reply 10
When they eat popcorn/nachos non stop throughout the full movie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When anyone calls out "hello" when the warning about keeping your mobile off during the film comes on and plays the sound of a phone ringing. Yeah, I'm stunned by the originality :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Original post by Ladyliesel
When anyone calls out "hello" when the warning about keeping your mobile off during the film comes on and plays the sound of a phone ringing. Yeah, I'm stunned by the originality :rolleyes:

Worst I've seen is someone talking on the phone during the movie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
When they make comments through the whole thing, often speculating about what's going to happen next.. just watch it!

..Although having said that, the cinema annoys me in general. £8 to see a film that you can buy for £5 in a few months? There are very few films that I look forward to enough to want to see them on the big screen.

Original post by qr95
Worst I've seen is someone talking on the phone during the movie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it happened when i went to see the hobbit yesterday
speaking in some foreign language albeit quietly, but still audible to me as i in the row in front

When I went last time, it was £9.80!!!! it's freaking expensive. It was £8 something before...

Then don't go?
Original post by manchesterunited15
Then don't go?

As I said "there are very few films that I look forward to enough to want to see them on the big screen". So I only go when I want to see the film, but the price still annoys me.
Reply 17
Original post by manchesterunited15
Then don't go?

Manchester United 1 angel nil

Posted from TSR Mobile
As I said "there are very few films that I look forward to enough to want to see them on the big screen". So I only go when I want to see the film, but the price still annoys me.

It's obviously worth it though if you go.
Original post by qr95
Manchester United 1 angel nil

Posted from TSR Mobile

About time they won a game :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest