Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Palestinians live in Israel though. They have to live by the law.

And blowing up buses and firing rockets is a crime by israeli law.

If the palestinians don't like it they should move. But they can't. Because no arab country will allow them an entry visa.

Why cant they get an entry visa? Because so many of them are troublesome terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvictus)
    I actually live in the US, and have done so for many years.

Look at my above post to see my answer.

Palestinians 'fight for their land' by looking for ways to blow up children and civilians who have done nothing to hurt them. When Israel hurts civilians, it is as a collateral casualty, and I hardly see Israelis rejoicing in the streets when a five year old is killed by an attack.
    yes thats right... all those children shot by israeli soldiers were suicide bombers, or would potentially grow up to be one right? lol havent you noticed that everytime a bunch of palestinian kids get shot the israeli soldier is always absolved of responsibility? an unarmed 8 or 12 yr old girl accidently walks into the free-fire zone... "QUICK! SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD!" - and i hear the claim that israel follows the geneva convetions and whatnot lol gimme a break. you say "hamas tries to kill civilians and israel doesnt" then how come the death tolls against civilians are so disproportionate? if israel has been trying NOT to kill civilians, why have they killed thousands of more palestinians than the reverse? collateral damage perhaps? those other 6 people just happened to be too close to the old man in the wheel chair? :rolleyes:

so why dont you tell us, solinvictus, what do you think is a fair number of palestinians that should be shot for every israeli death, hmmn? you didnt seem to have any problems with a 20/1 ratio. should we up that a little perhaps or do you think that its limitless? do you feel that israel should be able to rummage around in gaza, and "accidently" kill as many civilians as it wants until it gets its man back? does that mean palestinians can do the same given the hundreds, if not thousands, of its citizens in israeli jails? is what is good for the goose also good for the gander?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al-CIAda)
    yes thats right... all those children shot by israeli soldiers were suicide bombers, or would potentially grow up to be one right? lol havent you noticed that everytime a bunch of palestinian kids get shot the israeli soldier is always absolved of responsibility? an unarmed 8 or 12 yr old girl accidently walks into the free-fire zone... "QUICK! SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD!" - and i hear the claim that israel follows the geneva convetions and whatnot lol gimme a break. you say "hamas tries to kill civilians and israel doesnt" then how come the death tolls against civilians are so disproportionate? if israel has been trying NOT to kill civilians, why have they killed thousands of more palestinians than the reverse? collateral damage perhaps? those other 6 people just happened to be too close to the old man in the wheel chair? :rolleyes:

so why dont you tell us, solinvictus, what do you think is a fair number of palestinians that should be shot for every israeli death, hmmn? you didnt seem to have any problems with a 20/1 ratio. should we up that a little perhaps or do you think that its limitless? do you feel that israel should be able to rummage around in gaza, and "accidently" kill as many civilians as it wants until it gets its man back? does that mean palestinians can do the same given the hundreds, if not thousands, of its citizens in israeli jails? is what is good for the goose also good for the gander?
    If I remember correctly the soldier was in deep **** for what he did as the other soldier went and filed a complaint. I know, surprising to see an Isreali soldier complain against his sergeant (or whatever) about shooting a palestinian girl who was 12 yrs of age.

No one can deny that both sides have contributed to killing innocent people.

ReputationRep:
    He got convicted of murder I think...

ReputationRep:
    i cant remember. regardless, for every 1 story you hear about theres 5 you dont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuheen)
    They don't want to kill them, but strange how palestine civilians are still being killed.
    Not really. If terrorists hide out in and fire rockets from civilian areas and from in amongst civilians, it's not 'strage' at all that civilians are killed by the side trying tos top them. So as much as youa re trying to imply something evil about Israel, it's simply stupid and insupportable.

ReputationRep:
    So the presence of court makes 'capture' right? Israelis can capture palestines because they have a court (who declares them as terrorist), palestines (terror group) can't capture israelis because they don't have a court?
    Terrorists are criminal suspects under Israeli law. Taking a suspect in to custody cannot be kidnap, because it is entirely lawful. It's like the police arresting someone in this country or in the US. On the other hand, taking a soldier, who you don't even know the initial identity of, and holding him for no reason other than he's 'the enemy' and without any sort of legal or judicial basis, is clearly kidnap. IT's so typical of the dishonest palestinian mentality, that they have to try and tar Israel with the same brush as themselves, even when it's a palpably false comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humra)
    No one can deny that both sides have contributed to killing innocent people.
    Only one side does it deliberately and goes out specifically to do it. And it ain't Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al-CIAda)
    for every 1 story you hear about theres 5 you dont.
    Really. If that were true, then how do you know about those 5?
    See, this is typical palestinian lies and propaganda, they don't even bother coming up with examples or incidents, they're quite happy to just sling wild accusations and assertions, with no evidence at all, and not even an attempt to be specific or fair in their comment. Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'm upset that none of you pro-Palestinians will explain why I'm wrong about Israel wanting to make peace, and the Palestinians being, in general, a bunch of terrorists.

I'm begging you to do it. Or is this how you admit to being wrong? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    Are you an Israeli? You seem to know exactly what they do and exactly what they think.
    No I am not an Israeli. But I have lived in Israel and have many Israeli friends and read a great deal of Israeli media and newspaper reports. I think I have more exposure to Israel and Israelis than your average Goy.

Actually, I've seen quite a few videos of Israeli soldiers killing Palestinian school kids. School children have died in these brutal raids.
    I have seen it too. You know why that happened? Because the terrorists were using the kids as human shields.

Children have died because a soldier (and he chose to be a soldier) was kidnapped. Why don't the Israeli 'soldiers' come out of the air and fight the 'terrorists' face to face, since they care so much about the children.

That is the question you should ask the Terrorists, not the Israelis. THe last time I checked the Israelis don't use their own women and children as human shields.

ReputationRep:
    Again mate, see how they have been portrayed as terrorists. An excellent idea indeed, portray them as terrorist and they can have a good excuse to continue their terrorisation. Hamas is an elected government, they did not become government by force (maybe they did according to the american media :rolleyes:). They have had their share of killings, but during a war they do have the right to defend their land. But notice the fact that most palestines support them (hence they were elected). It is much easier for them to judge than you or me who receive biased versions of events.
    The Nazis came to power by legitimate and democratic means, but that doesn't make them any less a brutal and vicious government.

Hamas defending their land? What sort of propaganda have you been listening to? Hamas 'defends' itself by blowing up civilians. I mean it is one thing if they hurt civilians accidentaly while targeting militiary units, but Hamas looks for school buses and shopping malls, and other 'soft targets' where they can carry out their reign of terror. And just so you know, Hamas has dedicated itself to eradicating every single Jew in the Levant, by 'driving them back into the sea' and destroying the state of Israel.

America used similar tactics during our liberation war (Bangladesh, 1971). They supported pakistanis and termed our freedom fighters as terrorists. Pakistani military killed 3 million Bangladeshis but they were not terrorists or criminals in their eyes.
    I know very little about the 1971 war so I cannot comment.

But our people who fought for liberation of the country were. Fair? Indeed :rolleyes:. Have you ever wondered why Americans see different CNN telecast than the rest of the world?
    I don't just sit and listen to the Media. I actively research these issues from a variety of source, biased to both sides and neutral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    Children have died because a soldier (and he chose to be a soldier) was kidnapped.
    Just to clarify, joining the Israeli army is compulsory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    Only one side does it deliberately and goes out specifically to do it. And it ain't Israel.
    That's bull****. It takes two to tango. Otherwise it wouldn't be a 'conflict', it'd be a massacre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    That's bull****. It takes two to tango. Otherwise it wouldn't be a 'war', it'd be a massacre.
    Sorry Rashid but Israel does not go out to purposely kill innocent people. Israel is ashamed when civilians are accidentally killed and investigate it in depth, with concern. The army tries to kill terrorists only. Innocent people are caught in cross fire - this often happens in war. And the reason it's a war is because 2 parties are fighting over land. This land has led to a viscious circle of Israel shooting terrorists (with civilians being accidentally caught) because the terrorists fire into Israel with Quassams and attempt to send suicide bombers in. And yes, it does resemble a massaacre.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say Israel did, i said both sides have probably killed civilians and wronged from crossfire and such. I'm also saying that JonH's mundane comment was unfounded as i highly doubt Palestinians wake up with the notion of, let's go lynch me an innocent non-combatant Israeli (not all anyway). That being said i wasn't condemning Israel in the same mundane manner either, as you've so assumed

ReputationRep:
    That's bull****. It takes two to tango. Otherwise it wouldn't be a 'war', it'd be a massacre.
    Could you please engage your brain before posting. That line of mine was stating that only one side goes out to deliberately target and kill innocent civilians.
    So your response doesn't make any sense... It appears you haven't bothered to actually read what you're replying to before replying.

ReputationRep:
    i highly doubt Palestinians wake up with the notion of, let's go lynch me an innocent non-combatant Israeli
    Actually, the terrorist groups DO wake up with the desire to go indiscriminately kill Israelis. And the polls (aside from the election of a terror group to government) demonstrate that the majority of palestinians back them in doing so.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, the terrorist groups DO wake up with the desire to go indiscriminately kill Israelis. And the polls (aside from the election of a terror group to government) demonstrate that the majority of palestinians back them in doing so.
    Which is exactly what i was getting at, some stats (suggesting) and your opinion don't make your above statement correct.

Incidentally, the bit in brackets after the line of mine you quoted was there for a reason. Also, i worded my post rather specifically.

ReputationRep:
    Could you please engage your brain before posting. That line of mine was stating that only one side goes out to deliberately target and kill innocent civilians.
    So your response doesn't make any sense... It appears you haven't bothered to actually read what you're replying to before replying.
    As you can read, Gemma has already said civilians get killed in the cross-fire (Israeli and/or Palestinian) it doesn't mean one side actively seeks out the mindless slaughter of non-combatant civilians. I think i'll leave it at that. My lack of knowledge in this area has constrained me from posting, but i thought your above accusation was out of line.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.