Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I went to the Open Day at Trinity Osborn said that AAA is just their standard offer now which they expect almost everybody to have but as these are only preliminary AS results then the person with the original question should still apply (This was in response to a question about whether they give 'Easy Offers' anymore)
    According to my Maths teacher someone who did their A2s, 2 years ago has just finished their 1st year at Trinity Cambridge and got an AAB 22 offer. However this might be because he is supposedly IMO standard and got SS on STEP anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lusus Naturae)
    But you're like...*old*! :p:

When I went to the Open Day at Trinity Osborn said that AAA is just their standard offer now which they expect almost everybody to have but as these are only preliminary AS results then the person with the original question should still apply (This was in response to a question about whether they give 'Easy Offers' anymore)
    Well, my offer is only AA - Peterhouse over Trinity anytime! :p:

Don't shoot the messenger.

ReputationRep:
    bang.

ReputationRep:
    Well, my offer is only AA - Peterhouse over Trinity anytime!
    No STEP? Have you already had Maths cashed in so that its actually AAA?

ReputationRep:
    read his signature...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssmoose)
    No STEP? Have you already had Maths cashed in so that its actually AAA?
    Just meant the A level part, which was what the post I quoted was talking about. And no, it is just AA in maths and further plus 12 in STEP, its their standard offer.

ReputationRep:
    Just meant the A level part, which was what the post I quoted was talking about. And no, it is just AA in maths and further plus 12 in STEP, its their standard offer.
    Nice one, hope it goes for you.

read his signature...
    I'm afraid his signature has no reference to his offer

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid his signature has no reference to his offer
    It does, you just have to click on the words 'Uni Info' or something along those lines, and then the box expands to reveal his offers.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I had no idea those boxes did that!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I had no idea those boxes did that!
    You live and learn. It took up a bit much space and I'm sure the majority of people on TSR don't actually want to read my offer details every time they read a page I've posted on, so I stuck it in a spoiler box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    You live and learn. It took up a bit much space and I'm sure the majority of people on TSR don't actually want to read my offer details every time they read a page I've posted on, so I stuck it in a spoiler box.
    Heh, I want to read your offer details, but don't want to read any posts you make .

On a serious note, relating to the question, I got 4 A*, 4 A, B, C and a D at GCSE. Now I've got an AAB 12 offer from Cambridge for maths.

EDIT: What on earth are you doing online at two in the morning!?

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I want to read your offer details, but don't want to read any posts you make .

On a serious note, relating to the question, I got 4 A*, 4 A, B, C and a D at GCSE. Now I've got an AAB 12 offer from Cambridge for maths.

Trouble sleeping for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FWoodhouse)
    Err... you did badly in an exam because it was easy? You do know that you'll have to be able to do GCSE-level maths with ease while hanging upside-down, sleeping and blindfolded?
    Yes. Because when an exam is easy, the whole country does well. When the whole country does well, you have to meet ridiculous grade boundaries (90%). And I did meet that boundary, but my coursework didn't. If the exam had been hard, I would still have done well and the rest of the country would have failed.

As for GCSE being easy, it's actually harder than C1 + C2 in my opinion. We've done lots of C1 + C2 as part of additional maths and it was far easier. And I've looked through the C1 + C2 topics and they're easier than most of the GCSE topics too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bingo Jesus)

Yes, but you had mitigating circumstances for your GCSEs, and A*s in maths and science.

And while you've been off flitting around Europe, I've been becoming nocturnal. Two in the morning? Try four.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathAwaitsU)
    Yes. Because when an exam is easy, the whole country does well. When the whole country does well, you have to meet ridiculous grade boundaries (90%). And I did meet that boundary, but my coursework didn't. If the exam had been hard, I would still have done well and the rest of the country would have failed.

As for GCSE being easy, it's actually harder than C1 + C2 in my opinion. We've done lots of C1 + C2 as part of additional maths and it was far easier. And I've looked through the C1 + C2 topics and they're easier than most of the GCSE topics too.
    90% is not a ridiculous boundary. I would hope for a 90% boundary for A* on a hard paper, but that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 14, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.